Need some advices 4g63t

tommicrazy

Hi everyone

I am happy new owner of Starion EX2000 ( east europe POLAND) probabely there is less than 10 (alive) starions here in poland., car was imported from germany.

This is very cool car but unfortunetally starions are not egzist on our car market, most of peoples dosnt recognize them .

I have been lookin ebay but mostly I have found parts fits 2.6 widebody

My starion is 2.0 widebody 89,( vin number says it is 2,6, but previous owner done swap to 2.0)mechanical and visual very good condition, only one owner before.

My problem is

1). I cannot find any parts made for starion 2.0

clutch, flywhell, cam, gasket,leads for 2.6 only

Definetely Iam gona uprade everything one by one.

2).Need some recomendation about suspension, where I can find some dedicated parts?

3).Iam gonna get forged pistons very soon but Iam not sure which one: 85 85,5 or 86mm?

Did anyone know any shop www address?

or maybe is it possible to adapt any engine parts from newest generations of 4g63t

( I live temporary in UK so I could get easy almost all evo parts)

4). is it worth to get new uprated injectors or should I save more money to do MPI?

5).is it worth to do DOHC conversion? or SOHC engine is do the JOB good enough?

(Sorry for my English mistakes , this is not my native language)

many thanks for any help

Edited by tommicrazy

Your English is exceptional. There are Americans on these forums who cannot communication as well as you. Good job.

I can answer only some of your questions, as I am not too familiar with the engine that is currently in your car. BUT, it will probably (as is the case with most Mitsubishi engines) interchange with other 2.0L bits & pieces.

The 4G63 MPI DOHC Turbo is a potent powerplant and has a large aftermarket support. This is a popular swap here in the states. Converting your engine to DOHC may be rather simple. I would guess you could add pistons to your block, bolt on the HEAD/INTMAN/EXHMAN, pipe in the air intake, wire in the EFI harness and you'll be more than happy. I could be wrong but check here reading is your friend.

http://www.projectzerog.com/

This forum may be helpful too.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=31

And if you are looking for some of these parts you could possibly swap what you have on your car for what you need to convert your car as stated above. I might be interested in your setup.

Suspension upgrades are somewhat limited as the Starion has a decent suspension as is. Front/rear Camber Plates, Coilover Kits, Poly Bushing Kits, Larger Sway Bars, maybe some Strut Tower bars. These are all available. Performance Strut (Tokkico, KYB) inventories are starting to dry up so you may wanna go after these 1st.

I hope this helps.

L4S

Edited by Lives4Speed

Hi everyone

I am happy new owner of Starion EX2000 ( east europe POLAND) probabely there is less than 10 (alive) starions here in poland., car was imported from germany.

This is very cool car but unfortunetally starions are not egzist on our car market, most of peoples dosnt recognize them .

I have been lookin ebay but mostly I have found parts fits 2.6 widebody

My starion is 2.0 widebody 89,( vin number says it is 2,6, but previous owner done swap to 2.0)mechanical and visual very good condition, only one owner before.

My problem is

1). I cannot find any parts made for starion 2.0

clutch, flywhell, cam, gasket,leads for 2.6 only

Definetely Iam gona uprade everything one by one.

2).Need some recomendation about suspension, where I can find some dedicated parts?

3).Iam gonna get forged pistons very soon but Iam not sure which one: 85 85,5 or 86mm?

Did anyone know any shop www address?

or maybe is it possible to adapt any engine parts from newest generations of 4g63t

( I live temporary in UK so I could get easy almost all evo parts)

4). is it worth to get new uprated injectors or should I save more money to do MPI?

5).is it worth to do DOHC conversion? or SOHC engine is do the JOB good enough?

(Sorry for my English mistakes , this is not my native language)

many thanks for any help

Hi there

We also have the 2 litre 4g63 in our Starions here in New Zealand.

In answer to your questions:

1) Clutch and flywheel are both the same as 83-87 US Starions (225mm clutch) and these can be bought off ebay, and many other online places.

As for cam, im guessing the engine you have is the single point injection SOHC one, and if so cams are hard to come by unless you have yours reground, but its really a better idea to go withe the DOHC head as this has alot more aftermarket support. Gaskets etc are the same for the early model DSM 4g63s (88-91 models, 6 bolt crank).

2) Suspension parts are as Eric stated

3) Piston size will depend on how your bores are, if going forged its generally a good idea to get the next size up, so providing your block is standard size 85.5mm should be all good.

4) As for injectors save your money and do the DOHC conversion, it will reap much more power in the long run and there is far more aftermarket support for DOHC as opposed to SOHC.

5) Go DOHC. There are a few things that you need to do and most of these are detailed on www.austarion.com/forums in the technical section.

Good luck and let me know if you need any advice as im building a DOHC engine for mine at the moment.

thank You, there is lot interesting stuff to read (including links), need some time to translate it all :) but it wil answear for most of my question what I was gonna ask :)

Today I was trying to bid(ebay) garrett t34 with starion manifold , ( unfortunatelly I lost 10 pounds difference ) :/

I still got two other turbos, one is td05h big16 from evo8 FQ and other is very big TD04Z HKS (probabelly it will be instalet into galant dynamic4 with evo engine) but i cannot find any manifolds or adapters to put big16 into starion, I got an evo manifold but it doesnt fit to starion.

Got the spare intake from my 90` galant glsi, hope it will be fine to fit it starion.

probabely I will go to do that DOHC conversion, I got easy acces to most parts here in UK

MANY THANKS

( in next mont going back poland for mitsubishi club trackday :) after this starion will go to workshop

btw , did anyone will recomend to buy that suspension kit ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual-Coil-over-Coilovers-Starion-Conquest-83-89-EVO-NEW_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33586QQihZ014QQitemZ330232385565QQrdZ1QQsspagenam

eZWDVW ://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual...spagenameZWDVW ://http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dual...spagenameZWDVW

Edited by tommicrazy

LUNACY

You said, that fidanza and clutch are the same for both starions, is that meaning the ebay flywhell 2.6 will fits starion 2.0? or it is mean that US starion 2.0 have the seam as AU starion 2.0 ?

and the second think is GASKET between block and head, if I understand right, starion SOHC and all DOHC 6 bolt engines such like galant 88-92 eclipse 1g are the same?

please correct me if Iam wrong.

Hey man

As far as i know the Fidanza on ebay will be ok probably best to check if it is for the 225mm clutch, as if its for the 240mm one it wont work. Clutches for 83-87 cars are all 225mm so as long as you get a 225mm one itl be fine.

As for the head gasket yes the 6 bolt ones will fit fine :)

I have found on ebay few 5 clutch sets, all for 2,6 starion ( one two of them is written that the size is 240mm) there is nothink abot 225mm size

Found one fidanza but is written "fits 2,6 84-89"

the idea is, as only I will get back , I gave to take a look closer to starion, because it was 2,6 but previous owner swap the 2.0 motor, so Iam not sure how much was swaped, could be that only engine is 2,0 but all other thinks is like in stock 2,6 even exhaust manifold have got oxygen sensor but someone told me that 2.0 havent got them.....

I just bought bigger intercooler, walbro pump, tomorrow gonna order forged pistons and 6bolt gasket :)

cheers