Hatchwing project

Star_V8_Quest

I always heard the Supra wings could be made to work...looks like you done a good job. They seem to set several inches rearward compared to the factory Starquest models tho. Can we see a close-up pic of the mounts?

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/698000-698999/698823_10_full.jpg

no mountes yet.I just have them sitting on the hatch.I think i will be able to move it upward a little.They are wider than the hatch though.They sit on the metal trim that runs down both sides of the hatch.That's where i want to mount them but till be able to open the hatch.That's my project...determining how I will attempt to make this work.

I think I have w ay to mount this one.

I have to get/make a mounting plate with three holes....two for the wing and one in the middle.I will need to drill 3 holes in the trim piece around the hatch glass.I will need to mount the wing to the plate and then mount it onto the trim piece.That center bolt will go thru to the inside of the car thru the plastic trim and i will use a screw on type knob to hold it down.Once i have it on,i will need to have a hole drilled into the glass for the center brace.This will allow me to raise the hatch without taking off the wing.Only thing i will have to do is twist the knobs off inside the car for it to raise up.

I see no way to mount this on onto the hatch...way to wide.

I am a little hesitate about the hole in the glass but that will be done by a professional... :wink:

with the center support and the sides mounted down,it should hold up in high wind :twisted:

• 1 month later...
Guest Paul87Quest
One possibility is to cut a 1/4" or so (whatever needed) out of the center of the wing to make it the correct width. drill for some metal rod support (dowel pins), and glue it back together with fiberglass resin. I guess it would really depend on how well it could be bonded back together. Sand and refinish. I was going to go that route until I found the correct starion hatch wing on a wreck.

I have worked with the Supra Wing.

As you stated, It is to wide.

I have tried to cut the wing, but is is made out of a type of "foam" and I have not found an adhesive to bond the two halves back together.

If I could Fix that, I have a mounting system that will work...

Any bodymen out there??

The "foam" is similar to that used to fill a bumper.

Thanks- IDK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...