Struts Question!

Hey guys I am sure this question has been asked plenty of times before but here it goes. Well I have an 88 Quest with the adjustable struts and my front struts are clunking. I want to replace them but I have ran into some problems. I can't seem to find any struts that will replace the adjstable ones. I went to TEP's website and they have directions on how to convert the adjustable to non-adjustables. The struts they were using were Tokicos which is fine but with my limited funds I can't really afford to get those so I searched and found that Nopi.com has some KYB's for a decent price. I am thinking about buying those but I am not sure if the conversion that TEP uses works for all struts. Any replies would help. Oh yea one more question, I was thinking about getting some suspension techniques springs with those struts but I haven't really heard to much about them. Does anyone have these springs? How do you like them?

screw the conversion...buy the KYB's and just drive the car.  Unless your planning on SERIOUSLY taking your car to a track where you have to make right and left turns at speed, you don't need adjustable suspension.

you'll like the KYB's.

spend some money and get some good springs.

John

umm I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I want to replace my struts with the KYB's but I think when the car comes with the adjustable suspension you have to do some kind of conversion to get the non-adjustable KYB's to work.

If you have the adjustables, you do have to do a conversion.  All it is is cutting off the adjustment knob, and covering the hole up.  What I would recomend is getting ahold of a set of front non-adjustable struts.  I'm sure it'll be a little easier, plus you don't ruin the adjustables, which are rebuildable.  The new rears come as the entire casing, they just bolt right in.  As for the lowering springs, if you get them, after they're on get a four wheel alignment and keep tabs on your camber.

Hope this all helps,

Derek