fiber glass lowerair dam?

I am not sure if anyone has tried to do this yet, but it seems as if there are a shortage of airdams.  I am not sure if they are available aftermarket, but has anyone thought of making them out of fiberglass?  My car is missing one, and I would love to get ahold of one to make a mold to creat a fiber glass replica.  I anyone interested in this, or would someone be willing to let me borrow an airdam to make a mold so i can try to make an aftermarket one...

Also are they available new anywhere?

fiberglass is to rigid and when they botom out it will bend the edge of the fender instead of just simply scuffing the airdam I have one left after I ship 2 this week , I may give up altogether on these and do a Group buy on them for the club down the road if we can get 10 names in the hat .

is the bending of the fender a good thing? if these are better then i think i'll be taking one here shortly. i'm buying an 88 and the air dam on it was busted but repaired with sheet metal, lol, and it looks like total crap. i'll be contacting you about one soon after i replace the clutch and put rear tires on it.

Fiberglass is way more ridgid. You hit a curb or whole and you will chip it or knock a big hunk out of it. The Plastic airdams take a fair amount of abuse..

Steven

Fiberglass is way more ridgid. You hit a curb or whole and you will chip it or knock a big hunk out of it. The Plastic airdams take a fair amount of abuse..

Steven

Yes they do take a fair ammount of abuse, but I cant find them new anywhere for a desent price.   I work for a shop, and can buy an entire body kit for the price of one stock new airdam, and thats rediculous..... I am either going to make my own air dam using a stock one, and then make a mold of it, or I am going to make one based off of my own design... I wanted to just make a mold of a stock one so I can do some hand laid fiberglass work, and if other people are interested, great... If not thats fine to... atleasat I will be able to make my own mold and if i break one, I can make another.  

Im sure with all the missing airdams out there you could get some buyers for sure. If you do make a post be ready for some flak about fiberglass. I would buy a glass airdam for my 84 Starion if anyone sold them..

Steven