Speakers in quartertrim.

hdam

Has any of you ever seen or mountet speakers in the rear quartertrim.

There are some mounting holes there you can use for support to the speakers.

If you are speaking about the long plastic trim  along the side windows....

The U.S. models came with a pair of 5 1/4 inch coaxial speakers.  

For  procedures to remove long plastic trim pieces without twisting or breaking them...

see my posts on the troubleshooting board at...

http://www.angelfire.com/fl4/Starquests/index.html

On the cloth interiors that would work, but with leather, I'd never hack those up.  Another thing, if anyone sits back there, the speakers get covered up.  I mounted mine up in the stock location, and they sound great.

The fact that a sub is not ment to be loced in a specific location to provide the bass, is the great thing about mounting them in this trim, so the fact that the speakers are partial covered when someone is seated in the back, is not a problem here ! ;)

I will try to mount a pair of 8`sub's. :D

I already have speakers in the stock location.

Mabye pictures when finished!? (any one interested?)

On the cloth interiors that would work, but with leather, I'd never hack those up.  Another thing, if anyone sits back there, the speakers get covered up.  I mounted mine up in the stock location, and they sound great.

You actually make people sit in your back seat?  ;D

Seriously, you can mount midbass or sub drivers behind the leather and you'll be ok.

Jess

I would think the easiest spot  to mount subs would be inside the rear seats.  The rear cover comes off, and there is a ~ 12x12x3 cubby hole.  I thought about shaving the foam and making a frame, them mounting some amps inside with a light string, then covering the box with plexyglass so you could see it from the trunk or lay them down and view the pretty lights.  All the power and speaker wires can be routed up through the hole already in the carpet.  Subs there would be pretty nice, and by the way, you made no mention of subs when you spoke of mounting 'speakers' in the quarter trim.  ;)

You're right zeke, I didn't mentione subs, and on secont thouht I think it will be a pair of 8'  3 way pioneer speakers. ;D.

By the way cool idea about the hole behind the rear seats. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

;D ;D

OKAY, got my 8' pioneer 3way speakers mounted today.

They are installed behind the quartertrim.

I simply cut a wooden plate to fit the side and cut a 8' hole in the plate and the body.

After this I cut a 8' hole in the wooden plate on the back of the trim, and shaved the foam off leaving the outer cloth still on (the sound can easily pass this cloth).

This way I have a set of 8' 3way speakers, that are invisible to the public. ;) ;) ;).

So sorry folks, no sense in taking pictures!

• 3 months later...