Double-din receiver, speakers, & antenna ?'s  

Josh '88

-If I were to buy an aftermarket double-din sized CD/cassette/receiver, am I able to install it without an installation kit?

-What size speakers fit in the doors, and will they bolt up to the OEM location without modifications?

-If I were to shave my rear spoiler wing where the OEM radio antenna is located, what options do I have about having a radio antenna inside the car?

Josh

Our factory radio mounts are not the same as DIN mounts.   I fabricated my own hardware kit.  If I were to do it over again, I would be a hardware kit designed for a 1st gen DSM.  

Door speakers for 87 and newer are 5 1/4 inch.  Note factory speakers are 8 ohm.  Door and dash speakers are wired parallel on 87 and newer.  That is, a pair of 8 ohm speakers wired parallel provides 4 ohms of resistance at your headunit.  When you replace your door speakers with 4 ohm aftermarket, you should unplug your fact.ory dash speakers.  

My old 73 Chevelle SS had radio antenna built into the front windshield.  I could never pick up a FM station more than 50 miles away.  

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you can simply plug-in factory radios with CD players from...

1)  1st gen DSM, Eclipse, Talon, and Laser

2)  Galant

3)  Montero

4)  3000GT/Steath

You want the ones with Amp/Equalizer in order to keep steering wheel controls.  Take a close look at your wiring connectors behind your Conquest/Starion radio before making a purchase.