stock or all out power!

Ive got the stock system in the car.In my apt I have 2punch subs a punch160.2 amp and 2 3way kenwood 6x9s ..there is a originallaty problem here.Is It worth doing???

or should I just change the speakers in the car?

john

hey John,

in a hatchback car like the starquest 2 subs would be overkill unless your going for some new rattles and loose fillings. .

a phantom 8 is perfect for decent thump in a hatchback. the perfect place would be in the jack stand hole with carpet covering it

as for the 6x9's i dont think they will fit in the rear mounting points. but stand alone boxes would work but then you lose imaging because the mid and tweat would be muffled out by the back carpet cover.  now you could possibly squeeze them in next to the back seats in the wrap around pad panels.  but then you lose the comfy sideways seating  area for a taller person in the back, and run the risk of them becomming damaged by someone sitting against them.

the amp is definately of use. but your speakers you have id say use them for something else and replace the factory pnes with aftermarkets and hook them up to that amp. if thats not enough thump add the sub.

hope it helps  ;D

Bret