Door Speaker Fitment

Hey guys,

I put some Boston 5 1/4" speakers in the stock location in the door, I just modified the metal bracket that bolts to the door to accept the larger diameter speakers.  Now I need to figure out how to modify the lower door panel to work with the speaker.  The stock hole in the lower panel actually covers up about half the factory speaker, and the arm rest cover overlaps about 1/4 or so of the aftermarket speakers.  

Anyone know if I can find lowers door panels that are made for the bigger speakers (from a TSI or ESI-r), or do I have to refab the stock lower panels to work?  Any suggestions or tips are greatly appreciated.  I want to have a clean looking and acoustically pleasing end result.

Thanks

I have Boston Acoustic Z6 speakers in my doors. They're 6" drivers, so they needed more modification than yours did.

We fabbed a panel out of particle board, carpeted it to match the doors, then mounted it on the outside of the existing door panel at the level of the stock speakers. We mounted the speaker to the new board. You can't tell anything was ever done, it sounds great and the board only sticks out 1/2 inch from stock. Barely noticeable.

Jess