'88 Conquest restoration

ckyskater733

Hey guys whats goin on.  There is a white 1988 chrysler conquest tsi in my grandfathers garage that is abandoned.  It's not my grandfathers because he leases this house out to people, and someone just left it.  Me, my stepdad, and my step brother are thinkin about fixing it up to make it run.  We dont know when the last time it was used, so its obviously has s'ome bad gas in it.  Also, there is no key to it, but the doors are unlocked, but were gonna have to change the locks and s***.  It has less than 60,000 miles on it.  There is a pretty big dent in the front left part of the car that goes down to the front bumper.  I was going to take pics today, but i thought that there were pics on the computer, but i was mistaken.  I will try and take some tomorrow or sunday. Lemme know what ya think and gimme some ideas on what to do!

Before you spend any money on the car check with your local DMV and/or police and figure out who has the title to the car.  Nothing like putting a ton of money into it only to have your DMV notify the "real" owner.  There's probably some procedure you have to go through to officially get the car "abandoned" to have a new title issued in your name.

mike c.

To empty the old fuel, there is a drain plug in the gas tank.  

Before starting an engine that has set a while, I always disconnect the negative terminal of coil and run the starter in several short 3-5 second intervals to build up oil pressure first.  

More info at...

http://home.earthlink.net/~rbrown23/indyswebsites/

http://www.starquestclub.com/index.pl?boar...;num=1043028011