BBK Throttle Body 75MM???

Just wondering if buying one of the BBK throttle bodies for a Stang would be worth the money for my Magna.  If they supposedly give stangs a power increase over the stock throttle body, it should make a difference on the Magna, right??  I've seen some 75 and 70MM one's, even 65MM.  Is it worth paying the extra bucks or is the OEM stang one sufficient.  

I have taken a recent interest in Art's intercooler.  If it's a 3" inlet outlet, wouldn't a 75MM TB be perfect.  Or is the 3" inlet/out TOO BIG???

Thanks.......Ivan

What size would the TB be if you didn't buy the BBK? I have a magna, but use a ford 65mm TB. I would, for a street car, go back to a 60mm if I wanted the car to be a better ride. The larger the TB is, the more jumpy the car gets. I wouldn't even consider anything larger than what I have now (65mm ford).

Joel

More than likely, I would go with the 65, which seems to be the norm.  I've been looking for regular t-bodies on ebay, but couldn't find any.  I might end up going to the junkyard soon.  I just wanted to know if I went with one of the BBK or Holley high performance 65mm, would it make a difference??

I don't think there is any difference. IIRC I've heard from some people about the BBK's throttle linkage breaking or cracking being a common issue. I don't recall right off hand, but I would definately do a web search to be sure before you buy.

I used a Ford Explorer 65mm TB off ebay, which is the same as the Ford mustang 4.6L TB.

Joel

Oh, almost forgot.

If you are installing a standalone, you might want to just leave (or install) the stock TPS even if your computer installation kit has it's own. These ford TB's have a flat end on the shaft, not the half moon standard like most everything else.

Joel

give it a day or two and you will find them on ebay. there is always an idiot trying to get rich quick and wants to sell the TB for $50-70. i also waited and found one for $21 and it was like brand new including the tps. there was not even dust on it.

None of these throttle bodies just "bolt on" to the Magna. I fitted mine by having Glen not drill the holes on the plate, and I drilled the plate, tapped the threads, and put on the studs. I would have a machinist do it next time (better equipment for the job).

Joel

I got a stock tb for a '98 mustang (67mm stock) off ebay for $15 shipped, tps $20 from autozone, and tps pigtail for $19 from the ford stealer. it bolted right up, but the only problem I had was that the tps and fpr were not clearing eachother, so I flipped the tps around (it works facing in or out, and I turned it to face out, and twisted my fpr a little.for throttle linkage I just drilled the hole for the cable a little larger and hooked up my old cable bracket by drilling another hole, it works, but it makes the pedal feel SHORT.