T-top conquest????

cypres_83

I kno the starquest has a "superframe"  so i was wonder how hard it would be to make/customize a T-top conquest/starion? ??? Or maybe even a targa top...i know i could get a shop to do it for a couple grand...Maybe sumone who is cood with photoshop could do a pic of both for me thanks everyone!

Here's a drawing and a photoshop of a targa top quest (photoshop is a little harder to see).

http://www.tristarion.com/images/personalpics/thumbs/1050174075.jpg

http://www.tristarion.com/images/personalpics/thumbs/1060632102.jpg

Problems:

-Frame strength (solved with full rollcage as

shown in drawing)

-Window seals (solved by using a Mustang or

Camaro style seal)

Derek

o doesnt just everybody envy the camaro/firebird ;D

just a note, there will be a lot of frame strength lost

and mustangs dont have t-tops or targas, they only have sunroofs and verts

t-tops are really nice though, ive got them on my 92 and they kick @$$ in the summer, and save you gas because you're not always reaching to turn on that a/c all the time ;)

Thanks D_Venable. i was planing on a rollcage if i do a targa. Didnt think about the seals though...and great drawing and photoshop...but do u think you could do a side view with windows down ??? I still need info on how to do and if i should try it myself or go to a shop....lotta extra cash for them to do it. I am guessing by the picture you have contemplated this before....What did you figure out like about pricing and all? any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

I tried to make a photoshop picture what do u guys think>???http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/53a6b028/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/Untitled-3.psd.jpg?pfzNJO_A.kBkFTTc What do u think???? Its my first photoshop image! an i know this isnt my car its car #30 in the gallery. Thank you to the owner of this!

Wow, that photoshop looks sweet as hell. I want a targa top on my Starion.  Definately wouldn't go T-tops though.  But then again, I've never seen a t-top car I'd actually want to own. Give me targa, sunroof (boooo) or hardtop.

Wow "D" i like the quest u did too man....i think mine looks a little choppy ::) but that is just me.....you never did fill me in on any information about the actual conversion.. what did u find out price wise for a shop....could i do it myslef with ease.....what bout latches....and what would be the best way to strengthing the subframe to make up for the difference lost in the conversion??? I have so many questions that need to be answered in order for this to go threw....! Please help! Thanks in advance ;D

Also wouldnt a full role cage ruin the point of a targa top...just a little input ok thats it

Actually, I've never pursued the conversion.  It has been mentioned a few times here on the site, and that's when I did the drawing and the original photochop from the front angle.

cypres_83, I would love to see the T-top/targa top quest you'll do someday.  I have no idea on any prices, but I would recomend gutting the interior out, even more so if you take it to a shop to be done as they will probably charge an arm and a leg for tear down.

If I ever do this conversion someday in the nowhere near future (5 years of college staring in 8 days and helping pay off the estimated $100,000 for the college even after a $30,000 portfolio grant, going to Cleveland Institute of Art, same area as Case Western University)  would also cut the top of the door off above the window, then weld that piece onto the top piece(s) for the roof so that when you have the roof piece(s) off, it won't just be a large sunroof. the top will be totaly open.

Good luck with the conversion, and

HAVE FUN.

Derek