hatch struts

_Jason

anyone know where to pick up a set? the chrysler dealership doesn't carry them, and the local parts store had a set of monroe universals i tried, but unfortunately they had a thicker plastic circular piece that was too wide, as well as a different thread pattern when i unscrewed it. =(

thanks.

well, i was able to get a pair out of a junkyard that looked to be in pretty good shape for their age. i installed them, but they wouldn't hold my hatch up. it appears that they aren't lining up properly, which is confusing me, as there weren't any washers on either set of struts that i could find. i was able to get it to work by placing a bungee cord across the two struts. this apparently generated enough inward pressure to line them up enough to support the weight of the hatch. does anyone have a better idea of how to do this? while this does work adequate, it also looks tacky, and i might have a slight problem if i had some cargo in the back. any ideas/suggestions?

thanks.

no, i took them off of the junk car myself, and they worked on that. i couldn't compress the struts by hand, so i know they're good. the problem appears to be some sort of alignment issue, which for some reason, attaching a bungee across fixes. i tried placing some washers along the hatch mount portion, but that didn't help. =(