Turbine housing

alp247

Ok, hopefully a local person has this but if not I will take one from who ever has one. Now I need the turbine housing for the turbo. Mine is cracked so I am getting coolant in the exhaust side when I start my car and can see the white smoke when it warms up. I have been trying to figure where I was loosing coolant and I can see all the crust on the outside of the turbine housing. I have a 1988 if that makes a difference. Thanks

StarquestRescue, I took the whole turbo off and just looked at it complete. I didn't unclip anything yet but when I look at the exhaust side of the turbo I can see nothing but white crust like water has been evaporating in there. When I turned off my car I can hear like a water leak spraying inside the exhaust so that's how I determined the leak to be somewhere in that location. I'll unclip the turbine housing and take some pictures so can give you guys more info to help me determine what i need. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Oh I'm located in CA, San Jose if anyone is local.

Edited by alp247

StarquestRescue, I took the whole turbo off and just looked at it complete. I didn't unclip anything yet but when I look at the exhaust side of the turbo I can see nothing but white crust like water has been evaporating in there. When I turned off my car I can hear like a water leak spraying inside the exhaust so that's how I determined the leak to be somewhere in that location. I'll unclip the turbine housing and take some pictures so can give you guys more info to help me determine what i need. Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Oh I'm located in CA, San Jose if anyone is local.

Im in oakland

There is some thing called a leak down tester that can be used to determine if compression is leaking to the coolant system. Basically you would put compressed air in the cylinders with the valves closed and listen for gurgling at the radiator cap.