water on driver side floor 87 quest

topher87

i have this wet spot that keeps popping up when it rains but i cant seem to find where it is coming from. The spot is right in the middle of the driver floor closer to the front of the pedals. also i cant find anything other then floor being wet, i have checked under the dash, pulled the head liner, a pillar and kick. so in the next couple day ill do a water test where i lay in it to see if i can find it. So my questions is how common are the windshields to leak and will it have to be removed to fix it, and does anyone know if their is a drain for the cowl that may be pluged? any input will help

thanks

chris

I had this problem but it was coolant. Turns out the heater core hoses were leaking through the firewall behind all of the floor insulation. It was totally dry everywhere except under the floor mat. Had I not removed the carpet, I never would have found it. Might be worth trying.

i thought that too but it doesn't taste like coolant it taste like rain water and 80s carpet haha and only happens during a hard rain fall Edited by topher87

Underneath the carpet on each side (front middle of driver side and passenger side) are two holes. I had an issue where the "filler" for the hole on my passenger side had been punched out. Everytime it would rain I would get a wet spot and what not on the floorboard. you can check by pulling the carpet, or just slide under the car and take a look. Its an easy fix either way. Edited by huero