New build using oil

My 54 is a fresh build although stood for a while I checked with my boroscope and looked good inside.

Had some issues with over fuelling to start with but sorted it and ran her in. Now I'm at roughly 2000 miles, on clean Millers CFS10/50 and seem to be using half a litre every couple of weeks.

Do total seal rings use more oil? No blue smoke at all, runs smooth and clean

Didn't think of that one HA ( now we know your state of mind ).........These blocks have a lot of Nichol in them....I have a block that has 100000 + on it and still u can see the cross hatch in the cyls ...The Nichol in the cast steel is to make it hard and the chrome rings are for wear.........Use regular oil to break in.......

not syn

Edited by markhansenconquest

Didn't think of that one HA ( now we know your state of mind ).........These blocks have a lot of Nichol in them....I have a block that has 100000 + on it and still u can see the cross hatch in the cyls ...The Nichol in the cast steel is to make it hard and the chrome rings are for wear.........Use regular oil to break in.......

not syn

I ran her for the first 1000 with regular changes on Millers running in oil and only changed to the CFS 10w50 at 1200. Been wondering if alot has been getting sucked through the breather system

I'll get a look at her tuesday as she's on show in my local Mitsu dealer all weekend

Edited by Drive-By