mk1 rear struts

glink13

I installed a set of mookeeh MK1 rear struts on my 87 conquest this weekend. Part# 16070707837 as a pair. Brand new in the box (part # MK1-GS2 and GS3). When all was completed the rear drivers side sits about 1" lower than the passenger side. Why? Are these side specific?

Does the GS2 go on one side and the GS3 on the other? Which for which side. Nothing was specified on the struts themselves or the instructions. And I Iabeled and reused my Hardware (Springs, etc) from each side correctly, so I know I didn't mix the hardware.

Any help would be great!

G

The side they go on shouldn't matter.

Check to make sure your springs are fully seated into the perches.

Try taking the wheels off and measuring from the lower strut mount flange up to the bottom spring perch, it should be the same on each side. It's possible that the struts are different for some reason, perhaps a factory mistake.

Yes ^ sounds like you missed seating the spring in its perch correctly , you can try jacking the car up taking the load off and twisting the spring around till it seats in the notch , youll know when it does , BOINNNNNNNNGGGG

I checked the spring seating last night and the high side spring shifted about an 1-1/2" from the spring stop on the housing. So I'll deal with that tonight.

Thanks guys for the input.