Stumped on this no start issue!

gottraction

Ok guys you have probaly seen other post that i had about my car not running correctly. Well i need another opinion on what to do now. I was test driving the car after the 255 fuel pump install and in the middle of 2cnd gear arouns 12-13lbs the car just shuts its self off. I was able to coast into a neighborhood. I towed it home and checked for fuel and spark. I was getting both and the car was not starting. i pulled all of my safc2 wiring out and just ran the stock 88-89 ecu and still no start. I figured it was possibly the knock control box. A replacement just arrived this afternoon. I put it in and no beans! The car has currently hardpipes,20g turbo,walboro 255,stock fpr, fuel pump rewire, safc2, and i just added a 2gen turbo eclipse manifold with updated plug. I can smell gas when i try to start it and can check the spark again when the lady comes home. I am just lost. Car had around 140-`150 compression across the board like a month ago. I also replaced the factory knock sensor. What in the hell could just make my car physically stop running moving through the rpm? Thanks

wideband is hooked up electric wise. was just waiting on the get a bung welded so i can install it. each wire was sparking and coil when i did it earlier this week. i will try again tonight. did not check tps because i figured the car will start even if its off some. it was set at .50 about 2 weeks ago

so probably just way too rich, did you have a blind man set the SAFC or did you blindly set it? kinda hard to get fuel set without a visual device telling you the mixture level..

I bet if you pull the plugs and dry them out and it starts up.

and what is this eclipse manifold..? are you running a 4g63? MPI? stock FPR.. do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Maybe your afc is pucked. Remember that stumble you were talking about where the stock boost gauge would go to zero. That would be an indication the ecu is not seeing a air flow signal. I really think this is where you should be looking if the compression is still good.

As far as the cam. The dowel pin can shear or if there is a lot of slack from decking the head or block to much in the chain. Or from xtreme wear.

the afc was set at 0! I just checked the timing again and im about to pull the spark plugs and see how wet they look. yea it seems like the stock gauge was still doing that right before it ended up shutting off on me. Ive unhooked the afc and it was the same issue. I will try to do a cold compression check when my battery is charged up enough. I think the cam is farther from the likely thing to just happen. maybe it has something to do with the fuel.

i just added a 2gen turbo eclipse manifold with updated plug.

no its a tbi car with 850 primary and 1050 secondary with 2gen mass air sensor. at the time it was a 1gdsm

I was wondering what manifold you were talking about..

definitely running rich, I just went through this same thing a few days ago, CTS went bad and I zeroed in on MAFT and it gave me a headache till I tested the CTS and found my problem.

well i pulled the plugs and the rear 2 had alot of fuel on them. not so much on the front 2. My cold compression numbers went as follows from the front of the engine to the back without the gas pedal pressed down. 1st-110,2nd-111,3rd-96,4th-105. Im about to check start on a cylinder to make sure that still working and i can throw in another cts and see what happens

the car was warm when i did the last compression check. this one was bone cold. from all of my other cars ive owned it has made a difference when its cold so im not really worried about it. the car would still attempt to start up even if this was the actual compression. and i was trying to get decent drivable settings. i wasnt hauling tail around or anything trust me. i know there has been others with a bolt on turbo with enough fuel that didnt have a wideband day one and it was fine. I checked 2 wires on the tower and they both sparked

the car was warm when i did the last compression check. this one was bone cold. from all of my other cars ive owned it has made a difference when its cold so im not really worried about it. the car would still attempt to start up even if this was the actual compression. and i was trying to get decent drivable settings. i wasnt hauling tail around or anything trust me. i know there has been others with a bolt on turbo with enough fuel that didnt have a wideband day one and it was fine. I checked 2 wires on the tower and they both sparked

so ur plugs are just fouled out. get new plugs, install wideband, try again.

well i think i found the problem. after pulling the fuel a second time and leaving the plugs in it sounded like it actually wanted to start after some cranking. So im picking up new plugs today. How flooded can our cars get? im wondered if i would need to change the oil like my 13b rotary car? Im also going to pull my 12v dsm rewire out and go back to factory for now until i can throw this fpr on. sounds like its to much pressure possibly to me.

My cold compression numbers went as follows from the front of the engine to the back without the gas pedal pressed down. 1st-110,2nd-111,3rd-96,4th-105.

This is the problem. Redo the test with the throttle open. Crank the engine say 5 compression stokes on each cylinder. If it still in the 110 or less range you can save all the time and money swapping stuff on and off. You also need to go back to the stock or 1g mas and stock size injectors till the engine starts or is determined to be blown. Putting a little oil in the cylinders may raise the compression enough to get it started. But if compression stays around 110 it is never going to make any real power.

well yep the oil when drained was pretty much 93 octane. i dont know if i have these injectors backwards or what but its dumping fuel like no other. im going to get my fiance to start it and i will look at the tb just to make sure they are not somehow leaking even without the injectors plugged up!!!! this explains why my oil was saturated with fuel. it sprays regardless if the injector is hooked up or not. one sprayed and one didnt. looks like ill be buying some new injectors. i need to make sure i didnt cross the plugs after getting this hooked back up Edited by gottraction

welp this is the issue. got the fiancee to turn it over when i had the ovcp off and one of the injectors where spraying like a mutherf. Problem is neither injector was hooked up!! lmao how can this happen? leaky injector huh? Edited by gottraction