high rpm's at startup

jason c

when i first start the car up in the day the car revs really high, and im running a solid lifter and cam so it sounds like the lifters are ging to come out the valve cover at first start then idle drops to normal and warms up then drops to 800 or so rpm's where it should be , im trying to find out whats causing this , ive checked for vacum leaks and nothing yet and also i have gm maf/trans if thats any help :) thanks jason c

u know im not sure if this issue started after the maft install or not so ill give the isc another adjustment, seems like i made a isc adjustment after but ill check again

Check your maft setting on the 4 small dip switches. I think the third one is the startup enrichment switch. I run mine up to help it run fat on first startup. It was lean otherwise. Worth a check. If they are all four down, then your good.

Of the 4 little dip switches, the 3rd one over (from left to right) is the start up enrichment switch. Up will make it richer at startup, down will not.

Of the 4 little dip switches, the 3rd one over (from left to right) is the start up enrichment switch. Up will make it richer at startup, down will not.

Check your maft setting on the 4 small dip switches. I think the third one is the startup enrichment switch. I run mine up to help it run fat on first startup. It was lean otherwise. Worth a check. If they are all four down, then your good.

I have never run across anyone who had to use that enrichment dip switch---these things run so rich @ idle---if i turn mine to the on position my AFR'S drop into the 10's @ idle while warming up and thats waaay tooo rich----curious what ur afr's are at at startup with enrichment switch activated---have u checked to see where ur at with enrichment switch turned off?

gig out

JASON,SORRY ABOUT THE THREADJACK MAN---

Edited by DMNDSTAR87

I have the exact same problem and I have not made any of these changes and I am currently running the stock air/injectors and all that good stuff.

An additional thing is that if I drive my car and then let it sit for about 30-60mins it has a slightly hard time starting. Also, my car has the smell of fuel which may or may not be related.

However, since I have it sitting right now and I am getting ready to do a full intake/exhaust revamp from the air filter to the exhaust tip with everything in between I have not "wasted" my time looking into it.