Rough cold starts

Ok so i have an 88 starion, factory motor, 1g dsm MAF, BOV, and Blaster 2 coil... When i start my car after she sits for a while (at least a few hours) its starts but idles pooly... as if its missing on a cylinder or two. and a giant puff of white smoke comes out the tail pipe. give it a few good revs or let it idle about a min or two and its smooths out... Im thinking its got leaky valve seals but wanted to ask to see if its something special with the cars or anyone has suggestions.. other than the start up it runs strong... any ideas or opinion are welcome. thanks in advance

Id be suspicious of a cracked head/ blown head gasket. Is the oil clean? Does the car run hot? Got any compression numbers? I had a blown head gasket in a honda once and it was very similar to what you have described there.

Valve seals can make it smoke a bunch, but thats usually more of a blueish smoke, more indicitave of oil. Generally, coolant is more of a white smoke.

Oil is clean and the engine doesn't run hot.. Haven't done compression on it. I never have to add coolant to the car.. It shows the same thing my old talon did.. Which was guides. I don't think it's a head,it doesn't show enough symptoms. but I will run compression check and block check on it this week

• 3 weeks later...
Just an update, compression is good and it passes the head check.(got one on my shop :-) ) she idles a lot better on cold starts I i replaced my turbo inlet. But still puts out smoke on cold starts and it stinks like fuel. I'm thinking leaky injector now.