Another Famous Crank-No Start!

theajinator

First off have a couple of simple mods:

1. 1G MAS

2. 89 ECU

3. Blaster replacement coil

4. Emissions & Vacuum line removal

At random my 87 TSI has randomly been shutting off while idling. I'd start the engine and fires right up. Here more recently, the car would stall while idling and I would have to remove the connector for the MAS in order for the car to start back up, then replace connector while the engine is running. I'm not quite sure if that is why the car stalls but it just so happened to help the car start back up. I did notice the wires to the distributor connector looked a little rough right at the connector so I spliced on one in better condition I found off a donor car in the junk yard. I did also notice that when the car would stall the tach would drop to zero before the engine completely stalled out (the engine still was decelerating from idle a second or two after the gauge dropped to zero). Now car will not start at all and I can only verify I'm getting fuel pressure and no spark or injector pulse. I read power (with a test light) at the ignition and ECU fuse but that is all. What are other pointers??

Thanks,

-A.J.