OVCP Sensor?

So I just picked up an aftermarket OVCP with a BOV I'd like to put in.

While I've been looking at pipes I noticed there's no provision for this sensor

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/ig_yarrick/2011-10-06_16-08-24_59.jpg

What sensor is that? An IAT? MAP? How do I incorporate it with an aftermarket OVCP? Thanks!

EDIT: Ok, so looking at the wiring harness diagrams I'm fairly certain that it's an Intake Air Temperature sensor. 86s had them, 87 onward did not. So any advice from other 86 owners? It's looking like I need to weld a new bung....

Edited by Starfyter

Yup, intake air temp sensor. On 87-later cars this sensor is part of the airflow sensor assembly inside the air filter canister. The ECU needs to know air temp so it can compute air density which then affects how much fuel is needed to match. Without it, the ECU computations might be close enough for the vehicle to run okay but sometimes it won't - i.e. it might be okay on a cold day but not on a hot day or vise-versa. Sensors are installed for a reason; find a way to keep it on your new OVCP.

Note too that a BOV can introduce 2 problems:

1: if it leaks at all, especially when the engine is idling, that air leakage means the air flow measured by the airflow sensor isn't what's really going into the engine... so the air/fuel ratio will be incorrect and you can end up with a lousy idle.

2: when the BOV opens up, all that air dumped overboard has been counted by the airflow sensor... the ECU assumes that air actually went into the engine so it'll command appropriate fuel. You'll end up rather rich for a moment - could get a bit of exhaust smoke from unburned gas.

mike c.