87 TSi running issue.

InvolvedRotary

Took my car out today to make a short trip (80 miles round), rained like hell for the first half of the journey and had no problems at all.

Once it stopped raining and things began to dry out she began to fall on her face when off boost. On boost (stock) she runs fine, no hesitations, pulls right up through the rev range without fail. But off boost there are points where she has no power, as if the injectors aren't firing or there's no spark (which this makes no sense as it runs fine under heavy load). Engine has 10k miles on it, fuel system has 10k on a bosche pump, prof. Q injectors have 10k on them, in tank filter has 10k on it, under hood filter has maybe 3k on it as well as the braided lines and aeromotive FPR (w/mech fpr gauge).

I have an electric fuel pressure gauge in cabin to monitor pressure changes, idle she is set @40~42 psi, and it climbs in a 1:1 ratio following boost pressure (as proved with an aftermarket boost gauge beside the FP gauge). Fuel pressure is spot on during these moments of 'no-go', but if I give her more throttle input (opening the butterfly) she comes back to life and zips along merrily. This is in all gears, though more pronounced when trying to 'cruise' along between 55~70 above that and its fine.

Ecu is an 88/89 unit within the 87 case, been running premium fuel only, and symptoms were shown while tank was about 80% full to a bit under half a tank (tank was refilled and still shows symptoms).

Fusible link box felt hot round the ecu and ign switch links (links in good condition, though red ecu link seems to have 'fused' to one of the blocks spades...), at the same time passenger headlight would not pop up nor down on its own, though unplugging the main fusible link box and plugging it back in returned it to normal.

I did not have these symptoms prior to the deluge I drove through this morning and its something I'd like to get taken care of before I potentially sell her this upcoming week, so any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Fusible link. Pull them off, scrap the tabs with a nail file or sandpaper glued to a screwdriver, throw the links in the garbage and make new ones or just order them from Dad's sight. Either way, I think that is where I would start.