Not getting fuel....

JrockTSI

So' 2 weeks ago I bought an 89 TSI. Shes got 189,000 miles with all original parts. Untouched except for the AC Control pad. I believe its from an 86 (silver buttons). Besides that, the entire car is bone stock. Original injectors and all. She still runs, I take her out everyday for a spin, but she tends to not get fuel at certain points. Sometimes I'll be driving, then out of no where she'll stop getting fuel. I'll pump the gas and nothing happens, I can floor it and still nothing. I'll wait a few seconds, pump the gas again, then finally she starts getting fuel and I'll throw her back in gear and bring her back home. Can someone please help me with this problem? I had an 88 Starion years ago and had to get rid of it due to certain circumstances. I've always wanted a new one and thats why i bought this one. I love these cars but I'm a virgin at modifying or restoring these beautiful vehicles. What can/should be the first thing I do to get this car running normal? Please, any type of help would be highly appreciated. Thanks