1987 Starion ESI - $2500 OBO

JessN16

1987 Starion ESI 5-speed for sale, asking $2500 OBO.

The good:

* Southern car with no frame rust.

* Suspension Techniques lowering springs and Tokico Blue struts.

* Brand-new Yokohama S-Drive tires. Less than 100 miles on the whole set.

* About $2,000 in stereo equipment comes with it, including an Xtant amplifier, Kenwood double-DIN radio with 12-disc changer, and Sirius Satellite Radio with active subscription, as well as a pair of Boston Z7 speakers.

* Rebuilt steering rack, still in the box I ordered it in (factory one is fine, it just leaks a little)

* New factory clutch (less than 1,000 miles)

* Tinted windows

* Functioning A/C (although it's stuck in dash mode, no foot vents)

* Custom adjustable Zirgo cooling fans and new radiator

* BSE elimination

* Alabama non-JV head

* 16G turbo (will need rebuild soon but it's not imminent)

* 1988 igniter upgrade

* MOMO steering wheel and real carbon-fiber MOMO shift knob, as well as carbon-fiber instrument cluster gauge surround and see-through gauges

* Slotted rotors and race-level performance brake pads

* Upgraded to 88 flywheel

The bad:

* Shifter needs to be rebuilt. Will access all gears but only goes in 1, 3 and 5 easily. This must be addressed pretty quickly, and is the reason the car has been parked the last four months.

* Needs an exhaust system update. The stock exhaust is still on the car (precat has been deleted) and the muffler is pretty much gone.

* Seat leather is hard.

* Most of the gauge cluster is non-functioning, including the speedo, oil and water gauges. Odometer still works, though.

* Although it has no frame rust, there is one piece of surface rust that needs to be addressed. Something hit the hood, either a rock or a hailstone, a few years ago. It cracked the paint there and now there's a spot about 2-3 inches across, circular, that has surface rust only. The full hood will need to be stripped and painted.

* High mileage (207k, I think)

* Original 87 airdam is still on the car but just barely.

This is absolutely a perfect car for someone wanting to do a motor swap. There's nothing wrong with the block in this car, but the sheer mileage may put some people off.

The shifter issue is the only gotta-fix-it-no-matter-what problem it has right now. The car wasn't just running when I parked it, it was my daily driver.

Car is located in central Alabama.

Jess

Edited by JessN16

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1987 Starion ESI 5-speed for sale, asking $2500 OBO.

The good:

* Southern car with no frame rust.

* Suspension Techniques lowering springs and Tokico Blue struts.

* Brand-new Yokohama S-Drive tires. Less than 100 miles on the whole set.

* About $2,000 in stereo equipment comes with it, including an Xtant amplifier, Kenwood double-DIN radio with 12-disc changer, and Sirius Satellite Radio with active subscription, as well as a pair of Boston Z7 speakers.

* Rebuilt steering rack, still in the box I ordered it in (factory one is fine, it just leaks a little)

* New factory clutch (less than 1,000 miles)

* Tinted windows

* Functioning A/C (although it's stuck in dash mode, no foot vents)

* Custom adjustable Zirgo cooling fans and new radiator

* BSE elimination

* Alabama non-JV head

* 16G turbo (will need rebuild soon but it's not imminent)

* 1988 igniter upgrade

* MOMO steering wheel and real carbon-fiber MOMO shift knob, as well as carbon-fiber instrument cluster gauge surround and see-through gauges

* Slotted rotors and race-level performance brake pads

* Upgraded to 88 flywheel

The bad:

* Shifter needs to be rebuilt. Will access all gears but only goes in 1, 3 and 5 easily. This must be addressed pretty quickly, and is the reason the car has been parked the last four months.

* Needs an exhaust system update. The stock exhaust is still on the car (precat has been deleted) and the muffler is pretty much gone.

* Seat leather is hard.

* Most of the gauge cluster is non-functioning, including the speedo, oil and water gauges. Odometer still works, though.

* Although it has no frame rust, there is one piece of surface rust that needs to be addressed. Something hit the hood, either a rock or a hailstone, a few years ago. It cracked the paint there and now there's a spot about 2-3 inches across, circular, that has surface rust only. The full hood will need to be stripped and painted.

* High mileage (207k, I think)

* Original 87 airdam is still on the car but just barely.

This is absolutely a perfect car for someone wanting to do a motor swap. There's nothing wrong with the block in this car, but the sheer mileage may put some people off.

The shifter issue is the only gotta-fix-it-no-matter-what problem it has right now. The car wasn't just running when I parked it, it was my daily driver.

Car is located in central Alabama.

Jess

hi, i am interested in buying this car pklease call me at 770-771-3928 eric. thank you.

• 3 weeks later...