What is the largest turbo you can put on a 4G64 swap

AustinTSI

So I'm buying everything for my 4g64 wideblock 4g63 head combo and I've got some questions about the turbo and exhaust manifold. I don't want to have to relocate the alternator as I live in Texas and am NOT willing to give up the AC. I also don't want to more or eliminate the power steering pump.

For people that have already done this swap what turbo and manifold did you use? Did you run into clearance issues with the motor mounts?

Thankx, David.

last time I saw a Large frame turbo like that on a 4G6X motor it was setup as a relocated behind the headlight, long tube header, full drag setup.

I you want more room to play with, hit up Shearer Fabrication for a Top mounted Turbo manifold. I ran one on my Talon a long time ago. I'm pretty sure Brent Rau is using one on the Drag Eclipse.

I'm going with the same setup, only I chose a smaller turbo (GT3076R) for streetability. I'm fabbing my own top-mount for this very reason. A top-mount meant for a DSM might orient the turbo in such a way that would interfere with the chassis, whereas if you can mock up your own you can fit just about anything you want under there.