Diff parts wanted

Fish fingers

Hey everyone i need a compression washer out of my 6 bolt widebody type lsd diff, it is a dished steel plate with lugs on the inside to drive on, mine has broken the lugs off so need more, keen to buy a few of them or any internal lsd plates or parts. see attached pic of part wanted. thanks to all.

post-17279-127280241529_thumb.jpg

post-17279-12728024965_thumb.jpg

You can get the plates and disks and spring parts from a big diff 4 bolt lsd (2.6 intercooled) car, if you have any of those around New Zealand. It likely beat up the side gears and diff case as well. In the states you could buy the whole 6 bolt diff for $75.

I tore one down that looked the same way.

hi i would happily buy a couple of diffs at that price hey you got any? or can get any? i have stripped my diff and it is in good order apart from the one broken washer, very near impossible to find any lsd starion diff's here in NZ, i got my current one out from states bout 6 years ago. let me know if you can help with parts or whole diffs. cheers

Hey John just been checking out your diff link, to see what's what some very helpful ideas on there, can you still purchase the bearings and more importantly that pile of torque tube front rubber mounts and sway bar bushes etc, are these still available over there? let me know cheers Merv.

Hey John just been checking out your diff link, to see what's what some very helpful ideas on there, can you still purchase the bearings and more importantly that pile of torque tube front rubber mounts and sway bar bushes etc, are these still available over there? let me know cheers Merv.

Bearings are available. Pinion bearings are cheep, side bearings are close to $120 a set. A bearing change may need the rear reshimmed, another $200. :( If all you need is the spring disk i should have one left over. The friction discs are the one's that I would need to cannibalize a 4 bolt rear for.

Yes we can get bushings over here, poly is popular. Stock is available for some.

Hi John yes the spring disc id all ineed at the moment to reassemble my diff but i would be keen to but a lsd center unit to have full set of spares also be keen on some new torque tube carrier bushes in standard rubber would be preferable. let me know what you can do. thanks Merv.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey John how's the progress on that spring plate as i need one to repair my diff to get it going again and it will be easily put in a courier bag and sent to me, i am happy to pay all associated costs.

thanks Fish Fingers.

Pm sent.

Curious how you found the damage. Did you know it was not working right, or just tear down for inspection. I have been inside 8. One had a broken spring disk in 4 piece, 1 was all tore up, 6 were fine. Not good odds, seems some of these guys that say there lsd is not working may be right. :unsure:

Try this guy for oem diff mounts. http://www.enginemachineservice.com/conquest.html His site shows out of stock though.

Pm sent.

Curious how you found the damage. Did you know it was not working right, or just tear down for inspection. I have been inside 8. One had a broken spring disk in 4 piece, 1 was all tore up, 6 were fine. Not good odds, seems some of these guys that say there lsd is not working may be right. :unsure:

Try this guy for oem diff mounts. http://www.enginemachineservice.com/conquest.html His site shows out of stock though.

Yeah my Starion is a long distance rally car so we strip and inspect regularly, it has done many competition miles and was still working o.k but not as good as original it had given no indication there was a problem, luckily the small tags from inside the plate made there way to the bottom without any major damage (put minor mark on crown wheel but will be o.k to use again). I guess they getting old now and with increasing the horsepower now days it maybe a weak area hey. It pays to strip and service them if you want them to work properly, thanks for the link on the bushes. Fish Fingers!

Pm sent.

Yeah my Starion is a long distance rally car so we strip and inspect regularly, it has done many competition miles and was still working o.k but not as good as original it had given no indication there was a problem, luckily the small tags from inside the plate made there way to the bottom without any major damage (put minor mark on crown wheel but will be o.k to use again). I guess they getting old now and with increasing the horsepower now days it maybe a weak area hey. It pays to strip and service them if you want them to work properly, thanks for the link on the bushes. Fish Fingers!