conquest key help

Bill R

I was lucky enough to find a 1989 conquest with only 35000 org. miles some problems ...lost title....frame rot... lost keys... I was hoping if some one will help me out and save me some $$$$... Are the ignition and the rear hatch keyed the same???? the locksmith is telling me there are two keys...my other 89 has one key....also are they the same number of tumblers in the ignition as the rear hatch... thank you in advance....I also have a 1988 red parts car if anybody needs parts.....

StarQuests, at least from 87-on that I'm most familiar with, used one key code for all locks. The "valet" key had a slightly different tip on the key blank but it had the same "bumps." Of course, given the age of most StarQuests... it's very common for them to have a mishmash of locks. Often cars have a different "ignition" key because that wears out first generally.

Originally the cars came with two "master" keys (with that annoying plastic on the handle end) and one valet key without the plastic crap.

The code for the keys can be found on the passenger side door lock.

mike c.

yes they are the same! i just replaced them in my 88 starion esi-r . it is all completely identical . i have a key and ignition for sale if your interested.i also have an 87 conquest tsi parts car if you need any parts! is your 88 auto?

as of right now no I do not need any parts... the red 88 has 5sp trans... thank you...

yes they are the same! i just replaced them in my 88 starion esi-r . it is all completely identical . i have a key and ignition for sale if your interested.i also have an 87 conquest tsi parts car if you need any parts! is your 88 auto?