Selling out and moving on (but not leaving)...

JessN16

To all,

This is a really painful decision for me but I'm letting both my cars go (post is on the Cars For Sale forum) and moving on. Once I moved here to central Alabama, I pretty much lost my support system for fixing the cars. I've also changed jobs and I can no longer drive my cars to work, which further adds to their aging, so I've decided to let them go. Never thought I'd see a day when I didn't own a StarQuest, but that day will soon be here.

Don't know what I'm going to do next. Been dabbling in Jaguars for years and I've got two of them now running reasonably well. Also considering maybe an 90s model Alfa Romeo 164 or a late-80s Maserati Biturbo if I can find one that hasn't been completely neglected. My job now requires me to visit a lot of clients' homes and sometimes transport them from place to place and the Quests just weren't up for that duty.

They've been a big part of my life and Melena's (I proposed to her in the 87) and I'd love for them to go to the same home and bring someone else as much joy as they've brought us.

I won't be leaving the forum, though. If anything, I'll be around here more. It was sort of sad to come here after the cars started to falter and see everyone else's rides knowing that our cars were sidelined. I don't want to see them go but I know they'll be in better hands if they do go. And maybe we'll show up at Pigeon Forge or another meet in the next few months, even if it isn't in a Quest.

Jess

Jess!

I'm not happy to see you give up. However, I will not create a fuss, I'm sure it was a hard decision to come to. Just please stay touch, will ya.....

We got history, man........

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/2558/picture006yh6.jpg

Picture taken 10.27.2005 at 8:46 AM

Tim

EDIT: Actually, way further than that. No pics, but I seem to recall a halfway decent tanking in a bowling alley bar sometime around '02 or '03.

Edited by UlrichWolf

Tim,

Yep, back in 02 or 03 in Houston. I stayed in the loveliest Motel 6 later that night. Woke up to a cockroach rebellion. Only motel I've ever stayed in that didn't have a clock anywhere in it. When I called to the desk to ask for a wake-up call, the guy said, "Wake-up call? Um.........OK, sure." Think I got it the next morning?

I still miss that Sigma from time to time. It pretty much fell apart on the guy we sold it to, though. It's still running but the A/C failed (familiar Mitsu foot-face issues) as did the radio, rear defogger and most of the power options. If I could find another one in stick shift I might get it. Melena and I still appreciate the hell outta ya for locating that one and fixing it, though. Not to mention storing it during Rita. That's going to extra mile.

Derek, hopefully we'll run into you at PF soon. I can't wait to see what other gadgets/dash modifications/etc. you've done to your car since I saw it last. I'll miss driving the Dragon, but I doubt my old Jag would like to be hustled that much.

Jess