Intercoolers

gsr-vr

I want to go ahead and apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum, the performance section said it wasnt a q/a.

Anyways, Im finally wanting/needing to upgrade the intercooler. Ive been looking around for ideas on here and google searches. So far the only place I could find one is at TEP, and I dont know about you guys...but I think they are way overpriced, even though I own many of thier parts.

So my question is, what companies make a regular line of intercoolers for our car other than TEP "Top End Performance"?

Its easy to find intercooler, but with TBI its easier to route the piping the oem way, but its difficult to find the end tanks set up like stock.

About a year ago I had Mishimoto make me some custom parts...but Id rather not dump that kind of cash again since this is my daily driver.

Any suggestions?

Thanks guys..

-Joe

*DM Performance has a bolt in intercooler. Also, hopefully soon here, we may have a bolt in 4" core offered in a GP by Brian at Lower Shores Performance, check the GP section for that one.

If you need it right away though, *DM and TEP are really your only options for 'bolt-in' stuff.

Here's that GP thread:

Intercooler GP

Edited by dmyers151

Yeah I searched through *DM a coup weeks ago and really didnt see an intercooler with the end tanks needed, maybe I was looking in the wrong places.

Thanks for the heads up on that 4" core...I might just install that on my quest and put the mishimoto on my DD.

Appreciate the help, take it easy.

*DM's intercooler is a full 4" model, and from what I can tell, pretty much the same as the GP lower shores performance is trying to start.

http://www.*DMperformance.com/showthread.php?t=4843

his pictures all over his site are looking over under exposed right now, they weren't like that yesterday so something happened. But yeah, that IC from *DM or LSP is gonna be your best/only choice.

oh also, the right section for this would be advanced virtual mechanic (the forum for upgrade/aftermarket questions; virtual mechanic is for stock tech questions) No worry's though, now you know ;)

Edited by NudeLobster

*DM's intercooler is a full 4" model, and from what I can tell, pretty much the same as the GP lower shores performance is trying to start.

http://www.*DMperformance.com/showthread.php?t=4843

his pictures all over his site are looking over under exposed right now, they weren't like that yesterday so something happened. But yeah, that IC from *DM or LSP is gonna be your best/only choice.

oh also, the right section for this would be advanced virtual mechanic (the forum for upgrade/aftermarket questions; virtual mechanic is for stock tech questions) No worry's though, now you know ;)

Yeah sorry, still leaning my way through the appropriate forums.

Thanks for the information. When I get home from Iraq I'll post some new pics of the Daily Driver.