• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 christoquest

christoquest

• Newbies
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 08:44 PM

I have an 87 Conquest I'm looking to get rid of. I'm having a hard time figuring out its value. It's somewhere between the $20k+ mint BAT cars and the $1k barely rollers. It has been tough to find all original survivors that aren't mint to compare it to. I'm thinking somewhere around $8k?
It's gray with maroon velour interior. 100,XXX miles. Smoker car with some interior burns, but not excessive. I've cleaned it up quite well and ozoned it. It's totally and completely original. Runs great, drives great, new tires. It has some some minor dents and paint issues. No real rust other than surface from paint chips. The air dam needs to be repaired. It sat out in a driveway for 15 years prior to me getting it so the interior, though complete, shows sun damage.

I'll take better pictures and post them.

Attached Files

Edited by christoquest, 17 April 2021 - 09:32 AM.

#2 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 17 April 2021 - 10:15 AM

$4000-$5000.....

#3 christoquest

christoquest

• Newbies
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 April 2021 - 11:52 AM

These are hard to price so I wanted to let everyone know that it sold for $7,500 in a day. The demand is pretty high right now. I am pretty sure that I could have gotten a couple thousand more if I priced it higher and was more patient.

#4 Preludedude

Preludedude

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 21 April 2021 - 09:51 AM

View Postchristoquest, on 20 April 2021 - 11:52 AM, said:

These are hard to price so I wanted to let everyone know that it sold for $7,500 in a day. The demand is pretty high right now. I am pretty sure that I could have gotten a couple thousand more if I priced it higher and was more patient.

Wow. Great job. We are definitely in a bubble. No offense to your car, but judging by the outside, its was $3500 car all day long. And that's not even a year or two ago....

I said $4k-$5k being generous for the market bubble, but I underestimated the bubble. People are overpaying for stuff left and right.

The market for everything is crazy right now...

#5 christoquest

christoquest

• Newbies
  • PipPipPip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 10:02 AM

View PostPreludedude, on 21 April 2021 - 09:51 AM, said:

The market for everything is crazy right now...

For sure. I picked it up four years ago. I've just been keeping it fresh waiting for a pop in prices. I am pretty pleased.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users