4 replies to this topic

#1 runfast

runfast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 17 May 2021 - 04:43 PM

I want to put a 4g63 in my conquest I know all the transmissions and adaptations I need but I donít know how to mount the engine can I use stock engine mounts or do I need custom mounts I canít seem to get a straight forward answer from anyone

#2 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 17 May 2021 - 05:24 PM

Motor Mounts

People have been really interested in what motor mounts I used. It's really not that difficult at all. I used 2 right (narrower) mounts off of a Starion which I had to re-drill 1 hole. You could also use MightyMax mounts. Whatever is cheapest.

The real issue for mounting the engine is running into things. Look here if you don't believe me that it is tight... too tight. Luckily there are already holes to mount the transmission 2" forward (or even back 2.35"). There will also need to be adapter plates to move the motor forward.

#3 cheesey

cheesey

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 09:31 PM

:: Project Zero G :: - Tight Fit

#4 cheesey

cheesey

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 09:39 PM

it can be done either way. i chose to move the engine forward so i could work out coolant routing from the stock locations. and also so i could fit the cas without pounding the firewall or cutting holes in it. You can re-route the cooling to come out the front of the head (requires more modifications to head and head gasket) and also go with a crank trigger set up or even a 2g head with the cam senor built into the sprocket. It just seemed like less headache to me to move it forward. But that's just my opinion.

#5 Evoz17

Evoz17

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Interests:Mitsubishi's, soccer, life
  • Model:Starion

Posted 23 June 2021 - 10:11 AM

If you moved the engine foward and you retain the stock starquest transmission, will the shifter still be able to fit in the stock location?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users