Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,252 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 18 June 2021 - 07:31 PM

View Posttux, on 16 June 2021 - 11:26 AM, said:

Update: D2 did not think it was necessary to secure to the coilover top.  They recommended just "friction fit", glue, or for me to invent a solution.  I'm ordering a set from another vendor.

If these fit the "legion elite" coilovers I have and am planning to put in the other car, I'll tack them on somehow.
Thanks for being the guinee pig on these, I'm sure alot of people could benefit from your trial and error.
88 Fiji Blue -TSi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

<SOS> http://sosmanuals.minagera.org/
<SQ Garage> http://www.starquestgarage.com/

#22 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts
  • Model:Starion

Posted 18 June 2021 - 08:12 PM

Ya maybe another update.  Turned out they do make one that locks onto the struts like the tien.  Nobody in the us stocks them and the distributor says D2 requires a minimum order of 50

#23 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 11:32 AM

Neither godspeed nor bc's adapters will work.
Godspeed and BC's adapters are for all intents and purposes identical.

I think I'll end up just using the D2 ones and some adhesive to hold them into the adjuster

#24 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 19 June 2021 - 08:31 PM

Maybe also to note, Tien doesn't actually sell their adapters yet they still are in r&d somehow.

Maybe I can make my own adapters for the d2 ones with my 3d printer if i get around to replacing the controller board

#25 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 20 June 2021 - 03:48 PM

Not ideal, but i ended up using the D2 extender.  A friend of mine had d2 coilovers for his Miata he didn't install yet and if the starion coilovers are the same... it looks like there are supposed to be rubber hex retainers in the coilovers adjusters holes.  I don't have these.  He gave me his and that is what retains this in place and the regular adjusters.  His coilovers aren't installed yet and were recently ordered.  So he's going to get d2 to send replacements for his.  So the d2 ones will work if you have these rubber things.

The only issue is the length is super long.  I'll have to cut it down a bit to be a reasonable length.  I'll do that on a cooler day when. I feel like pulling my trunk mounted battery to get  the side trim out.  Anyways here's a pic

Posted Image

Edited by tux, 20 June 2021 - 03:58 PM.

#26 psu_Crash

psu_Crash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 7,514 posts
  • Interests:Killin' cones at 400WTQ!... and curves with green eyes

Posted 21 June 2021 - 06:54 PM

Rubber in the adjuster holes!? Wish mine had that. I have somehow lost one of the adjusters that I left in the front
'86 Starion, MPI with MS2extra, Turbo Lab GTX3071R, P&P head, OS SS Valves, Wiseco +.030, ARP head/rod, RPW Roller Cam, Crower Rods, AEM H2O/Meth Injection, Mighty Max CAS 4 Direct Fire Wasted Spark, BSE, Tial 38mm, JDL exhaust mani, HKS turbo timer and EVC3, AEM UEGO, 3" DP into 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust, 85# Delphi's, Magna modded by Chad, Accufab FPR, Walbro 255, D2 Coilovers, GNT Poly Bushings and mounts, Autopower 4 point cage, Funk-Lock, LED Tails and Dome ... etc^4
2016, 17, 19 SCCA Solo, Glen Region Season Champion in Street Modified
The Valencia Project
http://www.starquest...+golden +dreams
My Feedback Link
Posted Image

#27 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 21 June 2021 - 10:27 PM

Ya, there is supposed to be a hex shaped rubber plug with a hole in the bottom to retain the adjusters.  At least they came on the Miata coilovers

#28 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,252 posts
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 22 June 2021 - 06:29 PM

D2 short changing us Starion guys huh................... <_<
88 Fiji Blue -TSi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller

View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

<SOS> http://sosmanuals.minagera.org/
<SQ Garage> http://www.starquestgarage.com/

#29 tux

tux

Established Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 23 June 2021 - 05:13 PM

Appears so lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic