Jump to content



Addco Performance Sway Bar GROUP BUY


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 ct.rm250

ct.rm250

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:CT
  • Model:Starion

Posted 08 September 2018 - 08:14 AM

To get addco to make them I meant... I don't know how there was "too few details" I posted in depth details on Facebook and we got about 10 people in. If you wanted the sway bars you could have sent me a message or called me. They made sway bars. They include bushings. I listed the worse case scenario price. Don't know what else you wanted. Bc_99 ordered one rear bar and already received it. Feel free to contact him, he was thrilled with it when it arrived.





#22 Timvicious

Timvicious

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Phoenix, az
  • Interests:Anything with wheels and a motor, electronics, and art
  • Model:Starion

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:08 AM

Should do it again Graham

#23 Sanmarinojoe

Sanmarinojoe

    Newbie

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:orlando
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:42 AM

Hey CT...if still available Iíll take a set..

#24 TsTKl

TsTKl

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Socal
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 12 June 2021 - 02:55 PM

So I was able to pick up a set of these from Jegs, so it looks like something made them decide to do a run of these again. I did have to wait 2+ months for them to actually make them so maybe they list them for a while and collect orders then run a batch. Anyways, since the stock bar is 19mm and the addco bar is 22.2mm, how have people been installing them? The brackets and bushings they included are the generic design with two bolts which obviously won't work with a starion. Are people just hacking up the stock bushing until it fits this bar and using the stock brackets? I might have to make some custom brackets to fit the addco bushing. It's a decent bushing so I'd like to use it. It has a nylon sleeve on the ID so it's "grease free". I'll still add a little dab of grease to reduce wear.
proof it did run at one point...
Posted Image

#25 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,252 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sunnyvale, Texas
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 12 June 2021 - 10:18 PM

View PostTsTKl, on 12 June 2021 - 02:55 PM, said:

So I was able to pick up a set of these from Jegs, so it looks like something made them decide to do a run of these again. I did have to wait 2+ months for them to actually make them so maybe they list them for a while and collect orders then run a batch. Anyways, since the stock bar is 19mm and the addco bar is 22.2mm, how have people been installing them? The brackets and bushings they included are the generic design with two bolts which obviously won't work with a starion. Are people just hacking up the stock bushing until it fits this bar and using the stock brackets? I might have to make some custom brackets to fit the addco bushing. It's a decent bushing so I'd like to use it. It has a nylon sleeve on the ID so it's "grease free". I'll still add a little dab of grease to reduce wear.
I seem to remember people making custom plates of some sort to mount the brackets to for this issue a long time ago.

Edited by TexasQuest, 12 June 2021 - 10:19 PM.

88 Fiji Blue -TSi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller


View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

<SOS> http://sosmanuals.minagera.org/
<SQ Garage> http://www.starquestgarage.com/

#26 BuGG

BuGG

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pennsylvania
  • Interests:Starquests forever!
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 13 June 2021 - 08:25 AM

View PostTexasQuest, on 12 June 2021 - 10:18 PM, said:

I seem to remember people making custom plates of some sort to mount the brackets to for this issue a long time ago.

Yeah for the front you need a new bracket and need to make a spacer.  But I think his question is about the rear,

If I recall the rear you just force it in the bushing.
Posted Image

#27 kev

kev

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,386 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:PA
  • Model:Other

Posted 13 June 2021 - 11:21 AM

They addressed the issue with the fronts and now include the correct bracket with spacers and hardware.  I have addco front and rear. They installed easily and work great

#28 j.quest

j.quest

    Established Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Long Island,NY
  • Interests:Keep the turbo spooled!

Posted 13 June 2021 - 09:19 PM

thats cool,   5 yrs ago ,  I bought there brackets and hardware, and they  didnt fit at all,  I returned them without a problem.

#29 TsTKl

TsTKl

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Socal
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 14 June 2021 - 10:07 AM

View Postkev, on 13 June 2021 - 11:21 AM, said:

They addressed the issue with the fronts and now include the correct bracket with spacers and hardware.  I have addco front and rear. They installed easily and work great

Do you have a picture of the rear? what I was sent does not look like it would install easily.
proof it did run at one point...
Posted Image

#30 kev

kev

    Moderator

  • Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 5,386 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:PA
  • Model:Other

Posted 14 June 2021 - 02:50 PM

Surprisingly, I don't have the greatest photos.   Here are the sway bars and all of the parts that were included.  I will say that I didn't purchase these recently, they were bought from JEGS several years back.  The photo is dated 2012 and I know I had them in the boxes for a few years prior.  

Posted Image

Installed photos of the rear (not the best quality.  Double click to open up larger)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#31 TsTKl

TsTKl

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Socal
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 15 June 2021 - 11:47 AM

damn, so I need those bushings that you have shown. Mine are like, 4x larger than the OEM ones and clearly just generic bushings
proof it did run at one point...
Posted Image

#32 TexasQuest

TexasQuest

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9,252 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sunnyvale, Texas
  • Interests:TSi's & VR4's
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 18 June 2021 - 07:33 PM

View PostTsTKl, on 15 June 2021 - 11:47 AM, said:

damn, so I need those bushings that you have shown. Mine are like, 4x larger than the OEM ones and clearly just generic bushings
Get with Mikie at MKS Motorsport he'll hook you up.
88 Fiji Blue -TSi
Zoom clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Stedebani shifter, KSport coilovers, ST swaybars, abs delete, a/c delete, cruise delete, JVE, BSEK, TEP steel brake lines, LSP braided cooler lines, CX Racing radiator,  MK1 silicone hoses, MK1 pullies, *DM hard pipes & intercooler,14G turbo, ported exh. manifold, MAF Translator, 3.5" GM maf, Turbo XS RFL bov, *DM 3" exhaust, Cusco front strut bar, TEP rear strut bar, Enkei 92's, HKS turbo timer, AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM oil pressure gauge, SPA fuel regulator, Hallman boost controller


View PostJohnnyWadd, on 04 March 2010 - 10:01 PM, said:

my shaft was big i dont know what your talking about.

<SOS> http://sosmanuals.minagera.org/
<SQ Garage> http://www.starquestgarage.com/

#33 TsTKl

TsTKl

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Socal
  • Model:Conquest

Posted 20 June 2021 - 09:26 PM

View PostTexasQuest, on 18 June 2021 - 07:33 PM, said:

Get with Mikie at MKS Motorsport he'll hook you up.

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. I emailed Addco and it sounds like they're going to send me the bushings that came with the original kit so I should be good.
proof it did run at one point...
Posted Image




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users