Water seepage on new engine assembly

Well, I have it all together except for one vac line. I am out of town and won't be back until Sunday, so I won't be able to start it until next week at the earliest.

I wonder if anyone has a vac diagram for an '86 intercooled? I think maybe the previous owner had something wrong at the pressure sensor.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the ECI control manual, but I don't remember seeing the '86 set up in it. I think my '85 is exactly the same, but there are parts missing on the '86. I just wanted some documentation to know for sure which parts are not there. When I get home Saturday, I will check again, but I have one vac line that I couldn't see where it went. I believe it was the top port above the row of three. The '86 has one port above the 3 and one port below the 3. It was either the top or bottom port that I didn't see where it could have possibly hooked up.

that port above the 3 in a row went to the map sensor solonid,,

on my 83 system i ran a boost/vac signal hose directly to the map , bypassing the solonid,, never had a problem

below is the lay out for vac hoses on an 86 it shows the hose placement

Edited by Shelby

That would probably help me a lot! I think I have the '86 manual on one of my hard drives too. Things have been crazy busy lately and I haven't had a chance to dig it it up and view it!

I'll PM you the alternator shop address and please let me know what I owe ya for it!

I am pretty sure the port tube in question is blue and they had it hooked straight to the pressure sensor, and the short funky shaped yellow one was just hanging there off of the solenoid. I already hooked the solenoid one to the pressure sensor, but wasn't sure where the blue one hooked to. No big deal and I can get it in the blue circuit no problem, but I'm afraid I am missing one somewhere since I don't see the proper place for the blue one. I'll be sure to get it right when I get home Saturday! Thanks a bunch for everything!

• 3 weeks later...
I am on a work trip to Japan, Singapore, and Penang. I have he car almost ready to start. I want to run the fuel out of it since it has sat for a few years. I'll put some new fuel in it and those injectors I bought from you (Shelby). Then it should be ready to start. Everything should work fine if the head isn't warped! We'll see.

Tim I completely forgot about the vacuum diagram. But here is a pic of the one on my hood of my '86.

Hope it helps

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9779/vacuumdiagram005.jpg

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/7823/vacuumdiagram001.jpg

Tim I completely forgot about the vacuum diagram. But here is a pic of the one on my hood of my '86.

Hope it helps

Yep, that looks great! Thank you!

Shelby, yes, those injectors look practically brand new. They should work very well!

It will be a couple of weeks yet. I am hoping to catch the F-1 race in Singapore on the 27th. We'll see. My customer has tickets for me.

• 3 weeks later...