NEw plugs

If you read all of the tech talk at their site, and look at the pictures, the E3 plug seems to be similar in design to the Bosch +4.  Both have this multi pronged anode that does not cover the center of the core.  Actually the Bosch +2s also have these features.  So is it worth twice the price of a Bosch+4 ?  I do not know, but it would

probably take some dyno runs to tell the difference.

Those multi electrodes pllugs are weak,my buddies turbo honda got them hot and broke some electrodes into the motor. Have another buddie who did the samw thing running nitrous on his VW. They both had the bosch +4,also heard the spitfires bite too.

i have had splitfires. one day i took them off to see what was up. two of them were missing their splits. POS plugs. i dont know about the rest though. never needed anything other than the standard NGK

i have had splitfires. one day i took them off to see what was up. two of them were missing their splits. POS plugs. i dont know about the rest though. never needed anything other than the standard NGK

You beat me to it!

All you need is a good set of NGK and good wires.

NGK really are a top notch, excellent running plug at a good price.

I had some Splitfires in my Quest for a few months. It ran great. Acted like I turned the boost up. Then one day the old car was hard to start. The Splitfires were burnt. I should have stayed with NGK. But I had to try them.

I heard that Rapidfires work well for a high RPM engine. Anyone tried Rapidfires yet?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have used and recomended Ngk's since 1969 when we raced sports cars.

We had the use of a machine that read the heat range of racing plugs, and theChampions were the worst Quality and the heat range was all over the chart It usually took 4 boxes of plugs (40 plugs ) to find 6 that were in the correct heat range . These plugs retailoed for 12 bucks each in 1970. and if they had, not given them out for free we wouldn't have used them. They were gold plated , real gold.

Mark_T

Champion and Autolite, plugs in my opinion can stay in your lawn equipment. I would never use these plugs in any car that I drove, even if it was a honda....

I've been very happy with my Bosche platinums one prong, none of this split s***. I like the NGK's too... And personally the Iriduims do work, just not that big of a gain for a 45 dollar set of 4....

Ok I have been rocking the same Champion 415 (rn9yc) plugs since Febuary. I just got another set (5 bucks for the 4). Other than a little electode wear they seem fine. Champion does not seem to offer the heat range adjustment (Someone else mentioned this) that NGK offers. I am told my RN9 = NGK BPR8 so this plug I use may actually be 1 step too cold. I dont mind slightly rough idle when its cold (Im not using an ISC btw so maybe thats some of it..) but once its warmed up she is strong, andI havent had any detonation problems or pinging. Any copper plug probably works fine as long as the heat range is in the right area.