It actually happened

BOHO

sorry for the misfortune braden. i too am expecting it anyday. we got cut to 24 hrs a week 2 weeks ago. all i can say for that is its better than nothing, but work is really slow and im expecting it to fall out in another couple weeks. when it does, itll be my turn.

keep your head up and take as much advantage of the free money as you can. take a couple days off and get some rest/sleep in and get your head straight. these kind of things usually get your thinking out of whack.

This stuff sucks man, I know how it is, as many here also do. I went from making almost $3k a month at an auto auction to being laid off for 4 months, now making just shy of $900 a month, my bills accrue to be around $700. Tough times we live in, for sure. Best of luck to you.

I wish I had suggestions, but unfortunately my brain has had layoffs in the creativity department as well. Keep your chin up.

I saw an interesting article in the paper and thought I'd mention it. According to this article there is a growing need for court reporters.

I'm not 100% sure what a court reporter does, but I'm thinking it's the person that types or records everything that is said during a trial. It says average pay is between 40-70K and some people work for a specific court or you can work freelance. The hours are easy (when is a court open? 9am to 4pm?), it only takes about a year of training, no manual labor, everyday is different and interesting, and you get the benefits & security of a government job. Plus, there is no shortage of crimes being committed these days so you'll always have work.

If you are a good/accurate typist and like those crime dramas on TV it might be worth looking into.