It actually happened

BOHO

Dude I am sooooooo sorry. my wife is in nursing school and I have been supporting my wife and kids too.

Try and get a couple part timers for now..........Apply for food stamps asap this will offset things a bit..This is my emergency back up plan.....best of luck Roberto

It just doesn't make sense to me. I've got just over a year left and my wife has got 2 years...instead of being rewarded for our hard work and responsiblity we just get screwed.....I'm going to try some local places. I've been trying to get on base for about 6 months now but I don't see a chance in that. Frito Lay is supposed to be hiring soon. I guess I'll go hold up a sign on Green St. That says BLOW JOBS 15$...........................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

I think we should start a temporary forum in the BS section as - "Need a Job". Tell what your background is, where you're located, how far you'd travel etc., might help some over the next few months. I helped a guy on another forum I belong to get a job in Atlanta with one of the companies I do business with (I never knew our businesses were related).

Jimmy, maybe put it up as a sticky under BS section for 6 months? I'm sure BOHO won't be the last to be hit with a layout/downsizing/termination/etc. , over the next few months (???).

Edited by silverarrow89

How does this sound?

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=51

Hopefully this proves helpful to our members.

I think we should start a temporary forum in the BS section as - "Need a Job". Tell what your background is, where you're located, how far you'd travel etc., might help some over the next few months. I helped a guy on another forum I belong to get a job in Atlanta with one of the companies I do business with (I never knew our businesses were related).

Jimmy, maybe put it up as a sticky under BS section for 6 months? I'm sure BOHO won't be the last to be hit with a layout/downsizing/termination/etc. , over the next few months (???).

I think that is a great idea silver. I think anyone in a position to have a job avalable or if you work someone you know is hireing you should make a posting in it to. Actuly make a thread for Help wanted and make postings in.

Job avalable

Job description

education / exsperience needed

pay grade / rate

beneys

hours

ETC

take advantage of it, use it as an oportunity and a learning lesson, embrace change, you can not aviod it, become self reliant, never allow yourself to depend on an employer for your provider, there are no guarentees

I know, I know , I know, hard times? ( when are they really good?) there is no such thing as a good time for bad things to happen.

I would much rather be young and broke than old and rich, time is more valuable then money ( ask anybody over 60)

It all sounds like crap dont it? It aint, life is supposed to be an adventure, not a sure thing.

success usually comes in a series of small failures >;o)

This economy will come and go, love of family is everything

that is a 190 SL 57 mercedes benz that I found at a junk yard, I had to put Decon under the seat to get rid of the mice when I bought it .;o)

http://www.billsautofab.com/images/mer2.jpg

my wife went balistic when i brought it home in 1984

http://www.billsautofab.com/images/mer1.jpg

the SL stands for 'super light' the major panels ( hood, door trunk lids) are aluminum, it came with a unibody construction and a $4500.00 dollar price tag in 1957 ( my fathers 3 bedroom house cost $5000.00 in 1954)

I found a wrecked corvette at a salvage yard and slipped a 390hp 427 chevy in the frame with a standard 4speed

http://www.billsautofab.com/images/mer4.jpg

I build all my own stuff, frame work, custom hedders wiring, painting the whole 9 yards

http://www.billsautofab.com/images/mer5.jpg

then I stripped it down the paint and repainted it 'guard red'

http://www.billsautofab.com/images/mer7.jpg

the top is removeable with a convetable top behind the seats

http://www.billsautofab.com/images/mer9.jpg

If you look at how tall the trees are in my backyard , you can tell how long it took to do that >;o)

http://www.billsautofab.com/images/billsmerc1985.jpg

and ,Oh bye the way , jimmy, my backyard aint all the big, you go a mile from this pic and you are standing in lake erie >;o)

these unemployment number they spread arround are so far off it's not even funny,,the numbers they mention are only counting those drawing at this time,,those that have drawn their max and no longer get a check are drop'd from the counting roles'

the total number of enemploye'd is like 5 times what they admit to it being

and don't expect them to give you food stamps ,, and that brings up some thing you can no longer talk to any one face to face ,,you have to apply over the internet or telephone,,that way they do not place them selves in harms way when they say screw you ,and they say that a lot

i learn this from family members ,i have never recive'd food stamps in my life ,

only time i ever ask'd i had just got out of the gospital and was told i couldn't work for 1 or 2 yrs,, the food stamp office said tought s*** not our problem so f um

i have been layed off for about 7 months now, only income i have is un-employment and we get FS cause i have a child in the home.

INCOME

my un-employment: $147 a wk ($588 month)

my FS: $298 month

PAYOUT

Rent: $450

Car Payment: $105

Insurance: $47

Electric: $75

Utilities: $45

total: $722 on a $588 a month income..........you do the math.

i use my free time for side jobs and any under the table work i can find.

bad news is in only have a couple month of un=employment left and i will have used it all up. and there are no signs of me being able to return to work anytime soon.

if you have any children in the home go down to job and family services and you can recieve benifits almost immediatly. also maybe look in your area for a Community Action, they will help pay things like your electic bill and utilities bills, alot of times even if you dont have kids. but i think they have to be in disconnect notice before they will pay them.

Edited by cyberquest

I just survived the second round of lay offs.. and my company doesn't even need too do it. They just want so stay ahead of the curve. and we made them number one this year and last for development. number 71 on fortune 100 privatley owned companies. I Went from being in the middle of I.T to the bottom. scared the s*** out of me.

So I am REALLY sorry for you. I didnt even see that one coming. you mentioned base...don't know what branch but have you thought of going active duty and getting some? >.< I know its biotch and duty....but boho....its hazard pay, sep pay, active pay, etc....school taken care of...????? if your mos is any 03 I know it will be even harder to consider with a family, but you will need to trust your brothers and sisters if you go.

Edited by silkdagger05

Keep your chin up, Braden. I've been thru the whole layoff deal twice myself and both times I thought it was life wrecking.

That being said, both times I ended up getting a new job that I liked way better than the one I got let go from.

Soak up the unemployment, and detail cars or something on the side for extra loot while you look for a replacement job.

Best of luck to you.

Braden,

Somewhere close to the air museum is a Personnel Office for Robbins. You need to go in there and find out when they are accepting the next round of applicants. There are some good jobs in the contract negotiations field. A junior in college can earn 35k a year and jump to around 60 upon graduation and acceptable work.

Jimmy

Braden,

Of course its sad to hear another job loss, especially in a time when you really need it. But, I hope you look at this in a positive way also and find a job you may enjoy better and will pay more for you.

I too am on walking the thin line of possible layoffs, my girlfriend already had GM lay her off a month ago. I know it will really be a pain if I do get pulled and don't find something within 12-18 months, but I can look at it as a positive fact that I'm free from a workplace that causes me to have stomach ulcers worth of stress. I can now focus on getting some home improvement projects done, and hopefully find a better job in the long run. I still have work, but man as of lately I've been thinking maybe a layoff wouldn't be so bad...

Best of luck to you. I don't know how this country will ever rebound from this catastrophic economy.