Injector order

dmt6999

hello i was wondering about the order of the injectors on my 87 starion EsiR i have the green one on the passenger side then i have a white?.... injector on the driver side. after performing a search i got this info...

part #......ID..From...To.....Description

MD614036 L 6/86-89 580cc, Primary, black, Driver Side of TB

MD614102 M 6/86-89 1080cc, Secondary, Green/blue, Pass

MD614114 K 2/86-5/86 850cc (2 Required)

MD614004 J 2/85-1/86 850cc (2 Required)

MD608869 ? Thru 5/83 850cc (2 Required

I dont have i black injector from what i can tell. the injectors have M imprinted on one and L on the other. im just trying to make sure they are in the correct positions (after i rebuilt the throttle body and everything and forgot their positions). thanks for your help everyone.

Easiest way to make sure you have the injector connectors plugged into the correct injector:

Black or "L" code injector (white on your car? Never heard of that... but... whatever... take it out and compare the size of the spray tip opening to the blue/green "M" injector, it should be visibly smaller - like 2/3rds the diameter of the "M" injector) is the primary. It should be in the hole closer to the fender. Plug the injector "clip" with the shorter wires into this injector.

Blue/green "M" injector: in the hole closer to cyl head. For now, leave it's electrical clip unplugged.

Try starting the car. If it starts, idles, and will slowly rev up to 2500 RPM or so, you've got the "clips" connected properly. No start? Try the other clip on the primary. Whichever clip makes the car start & idle is the one that belongs on the "L" primary.

Don't "mash the gas" with the secondary injector disconnected; that'll just make the car stumble/die. With ONLY the primary clip plugged in, the startup and idle should be normal... and revving SLOWLY to 2500 or so should be okay... but mashing the gas = bad stumble/stall until the secondary is plugged in too.

mike c.