My 1987 Starquest roling chassis with shortblock back

Boosted_One

Hey yall.

Ya I am considering selling it for many reasons. I wanted to offer it here before I try EBAY or the local paper.

I can't afford the car to do what I want since I bought a house... I'm never going to be able to do what i want with it... it's been parked in the garage for years now...it's just not going to happen. That and really I lost a lot of desire for it. It needs someone who will appreciate it like I once did. The thing is a moneypit to me.

Here's what it is. It's a full car with a built shortblock. The upper end was sold.

shortblock has 5K on it.

- .040 JE

- lightened crank and block mods for breathing

- FUSO IC and pipes

- fidanza flywheel

- act 2600 PP and clutchnet.com disc

- 1989 tranny still shifts awesome

- Poly mounts

- full 3" exhaust with dynomax muffler

- interior is good

- body is good needs a paintjob...has some dings...a couple very small spots of rust at the wheel well area.

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2121/p6290006adz5.jpg

What do I want for it?? I was thinking $1500. You could sell the shortblock alone for half that. I won't give this away for nothing or I'll keep it.

All in all this would make a very nice restorable car. I've owned it since 1991 but it's time it's gotta go now.

Getting the car to you is your deal.... I just want it out of the garage.

If you are serious please email me starion20g@yahoo.com and we can talk further. I will email plenty of pics pics and whatnot.

As much as I wanna sell it I want someone to restore this car and enjoy it like I once did...I really mean that...I've had it 17 years now. :)

Thank you

Mike K

PS yes I still rock BMX that's all I do. lol :D

http://a705.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/119/l_8245dfb52749133713b40a95f29bbc40.gif

so short block meaning the bottom end of the g54b engine, but no head, etc right??

Yes shortblock and full drivetrain, it's a complete car minus the upper end.

Car is still available I had a few people come out to look at it and a few interested parties.

If it doesn't sell here I'm throwing it on Ebay but I haven't yet.

Thanks!

Yes shortblock and full drivetrain, it's a complete car minus the upper end.

Car is still available I had a few people come out to look at it and a few interested parties.

If it doesn't sell here I'm throwing it on Ebay but I haven't yet.

Thanks!

Going on evilbay soon! :D

Had people check it out no one has money... lol

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
shoot me your email address I have a lot of pics. starion20g@yahoo.com

Black 5 speed leather no sunroof. :)

Still got it had 3 people check it out in the last 2 weeks... no one has $1500 extra laying around. lol

Got a guy coming tomorrow to check it out...if he doesn't buy it to Evil Bay it goes!

Someone get this thing out of my garage and restore it! :D :D

Lates!

Still got it had 3 people check it out in the last 2 weeks... no one has $1500 extra laying around. lol

Got a guy coming tomorrow to check it out...if he doesn't buy it to Evil Bay it goes!

Someone get this thing out of my garage and restore it! :D :D

Lates!

I looked at this car several weeks ago, and I'd be bringing it home if I hadn't decided to just get out of the toy/project car game altogether. The entire car is in excellent shape, the paint is nice, it has a full *DM exhaust, and the interior literally looks and feels brand new. I was blown away at the interior when I sat in it. This car is completely set up and all it needs is a head, turbo, and MPI system and you'll have yourself one incredibly nice and fast 87 Conquest. It's worth every penny of $1500!

I looked at this car several weeks ago, and I'd be bringing it home if I hadn't decided to just get out of the toy/project car game altogether. The entire car is in excellent shape, the paint is nice, it has a full *DM exhaust, and the interior literally looks and feels brand new. I was blown away at the interior when I sat in it. This car is completely set up and all it needs is a head, turbo, and MPI system and you'll have yourself one incredibly nice and fast 87 Conquest. It's worth every penny of $1500!

Hmmm, I'm in Milwaukee. I'm looking for a running car though. Was probably gonna wait till next spring to buy though. :/

You are nuts Mike! You will regret selling that car!

Wasn't this your first car that you ever owned?

Anyways, good to see you back over here. If you do sell away the car, stop by the moderators forum every once and while and say hi.

BTW, Mike's car was a rocket. For those guys who are new to the forums over the past year or so...do a search on Mike's screen name. 90% of the engine modifications and MPI forum are his threads! He pioneered many of the modifications that we take for granted now on our cars....such as 1g MAS (he was the first to do it!), he was one of the first to go Magna MPI, first to use SDS engine management system, etc. He also was a big customer for CNM back in the day. Always taking the time and spending the money to try to things with this car and pushing the aftermarket support on our rides.