Gullwing Door project pictures through out.

pagemo

Yeah Tae these are the wheels and tires I picked up when we were talking. You have any luck with the cold start?

Pinko, I was thinking that as well. All I need to do is bolt the intake on to the stock motor and I can use it for the initial tune. Hopefully the difference in the cam and heads wont be too much trouble when I swap to the built motor.

joey, I will post a few pictures this weekend with both doors open.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm one to talk but any updates?

No real update..I have started making the forward facing headers they are tacked together but need finish welding. I cut out the transmission tunnel to make room for the TKO. I fabricated a trans mount bracket and I have been working on the engine cross member which I also cut up... I think I have a problem with cutting things up :-)

I have some pics but need to upload them.

I haven't worked on the body at all..it doesn't lack much but it would be nice to finish at least that part.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/2011-12-30_15-13-16_673.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/2012-01-20_17-36-14_375.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/2012-01-16_17-55-42_88.jpg

lol, I'm a minitrucker at heart so I'm used to cutting things up - just haven't been that in depth in years. Curious to what your plans are for the tunnel - are you going to roll or press bend a sheet to cover? I was thinking of a removable cover for my project but haven't determined for sure. On a side note, just noticed you were in North Georgia, I went to school right across the border in Clemson.

lol, I'm a minitrucker at heart so I'm used to cutting things up - just haven't been that in depth in years. Curious to what your plans are for the tunnel - are you going to roll or press bend a sheet to cover? I was thinking of a removable cover for my project but haven't determined for sure. On a side note, just noticed you were in North Georgia, I went to school right across the border in Clemson.

Yeah im not far from Clemson... I will most likely roll the center section of the tunnel and bend the area at the bell then fill in the gaps.

Truth is I can probably just add an inch filler and weld the original back in....

Boosted, the primaries are 1.625 I will be building a set of merge collectors too hook to the 2.5 pipe into a T4 flange.

Edited by pagemo

Yeah im not far from Clemson... I will most likely roll the center section of the tunnel and bend the area at the bell then fill in the gaps.

Truth is I can probably just add an inch filler and weld the original back in....

Nice, I'm sure I'll be down for at least one basketball game this season, maybe it will be running by then, if not definitely football season. I'd like to see it. I used to ride my bike out toward Toccoa and then back through the base of the mountains, beautiful country around there. Clemson's where I first cut into my '89, lol. I bought my white '89 from some woman down in a small town off 85. Anyway, good progress.

• 2 months later...

The transmission tunnel is in.

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/2012-03-17_16-53-47_463.jpg

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg1/pagemo/2012-04-04_18-36-24_922.jpg

Edited by pagemo

More pictures soon. I spent the last couple days working on more welding and blending on the doors and sills. I really dont lack much in fab work before starting the finish body work. My moving will slow this down but im considering leaving the car with a body guy to finish??

• 1 month later...

I am relocated to the west coast of florida in Hernando beach and i am looking for a good custom body shop to help me finish this project if anyone has any contacts???

On another note i picked up a set of stage 3 heads for the 3.8 so i have all of the engine parts now. The new job will keep me to busy to finish the body work so i have to find a good shop.

BTW. i like the back wheel without the spacer, fits nicer, is there anyway to modify the fronts to fit similar?

i like the blue wheels, would look great on a white car with a blue pearl, but i think a black interior would suit better with blue wheels. i like the idea of a beige interior but not sure if it will mesh with the blue wheels as well.

what are you doing about a headliner or weather stripping for the gullwings?

Yeah i hate to not finish it my self as well but im tired of this dragging on and i just wont have time. The good news is in the curent state all it needs is roof skins welded on, rewelding the front drip rail i had to move(all readt fabbed) and door latches. So most of the design and critical stuff is done.

The weather stripping will be stock up to the roof and will use a P shaped strip for around the roof. I may pull the the motor and take it across the street to a body shop to have the under hood and interior sprayed then bring it back to get the mechanical s finjshed then drive it to a body shop for exterior finishing?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...