oil cooler front panel

sittin-sideways

i want to cut out the panel in front where the oil cooler is

at

saw some cool design from member on here.

but where was one car that had a design really nice

had a opening like this

[_L__] _________/ [_L__]

-------------------------------

anyone had a idea who it was

i try to look in search again for last hour 1/2 been looking for it

still cant find it

help (L = light )

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That silver car looks like it could snort a line...a big line

That is Fugly

And it ruins the lines on the nose of the car

You have no business calling someones car ugly with that nasty butt pick-up in your sig :wink: Please post up picks of your Starquest so we can compare them to the Silver one pictured above..

That is Fugly

You have no business calling someones car ugly with that nasty butt pick-up in your sig :wink: Please post up picks of your Starquest so we can compare them to the Silver one pictured above..

OH SNAP.

Subscribed.

The radiator and oil cooler get plenty of air. Trying to increase intake air with no place to effectively exhaust the air isn't the best method. :wink:

Here's some related info I talked about months ago.

There's both high and low pressure zones on our hoods, using magnehelic gauges and manometers will locate where each area resides. As a rule, the area right by the windshield is a high pressure zone, which aids with a cowl hood design. Combine a cowl hood with a front splitter that goes from two inches in front of the airdam to right before the front wheels, and a raked suspension stance, and you'll effectively draw cooler air in through the cowl, and exit it throughout the bottom of the car due to the newly created lower pressure zone.

A good low pressure zone on our hoods would be 11" from the very front(where it makes a slight point, right in the middle), and the effective "heat exhaustion" area will seriously weaken past 20" from the front. To further aid in effective venting, design the vent to have a rising bridge/ramp area along the entire face of the vent. This will effectively lower the pressure even more right above the vent, which will further help with drawing hotter air out.

I would seriously consider not using the front inlets for air intake. We have enough intake area available stock. Which can be ducted to increase velocity and effeciency, while keeping the nose of the car as smooth(no vents in the header panel etc.) as possible to let the compressed air seek the lower pressure zones as easily as possible.

You want the coolest air possible to enter as LOW as possible, everything on the hood surface should be hot air EXTRACTION(unless you're feeding an actual intake or intercooler). All that air up there right under the hood is hot and is by nature, already rising. Add an intake of cool air right into the rising heated air and you're essentially adding more work for what should be a smooth exhaust flow. Intake low, exhaust high. By doing this, you'll not only promote extra cooling abilities, but by not allowing the cool air to exit UNDER the car, you'll create less lift.

The widebody front spoilers are definately a step up above the narrowbodies, and the tapering of the rear fender flares versus the flat paneled narrowbodies is also a slight aero advantage in smoothing out the airflow and weakening the flow detachment left by a moving car.

That is Fugly

I don't think I put my truck up for comments like the silver car was.You post them up for comments,I will call them Like I see them.

And the way I see your coment toward me,you can kiss my ....well you know what you can kiss :wink:

keep your comments about me or my ride to yourself.you want to call me out,start a new thread http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4374/madfawkqw3.jpg

Read the thread again.The dude posted stating he was looking for a post that contained a picture of this particular car..Nowhere in his question did he ask for your rude comments.They were totally uncalled for..As to why your comment piss me off-The person that owned this car before me spent tons of manhours on this car to get it back into the condition as shown in the pics above.I know it took plenty of money,broken knuckle skins,and personal time to do it..He frequents this board often and I dont think he would appreciate your rude comments either..As far as calling you out,,Do you think Im intimidated by your higher post count?To me it proves nothing except that you are good at running your mouth.Ive been around the Starquest boards since 95 and stopped posting long ago because of idiots like you showing up..I normally wouldnt say anything but Im pretty sure Ive seen you in other threads knocking peoples property(Wasnt it Kronus car?)..I understand everyone has a right to their opinion.(Example)Emagdnim stated it wasnt his cup of tea..That is fine.His offered his opinion in a nice way and thats that.But to sit there and insult someones work by calling it ugly is a personal attack on a personal level..With that said,your the one who is calling people out..With that said,I stand by my comment..Your pickup is ugly and so was your Starquest with those hideous looking rims :lol:

jeez.... different strokes for different folks:)

9 out of 10 dont like the way my car looks...but the 10th person is me and its my car so thats all that matters.

do your own thing....just be mindful of the parts that are hard to replace in case your taste changes in the future :)

Monty