T3 header and Exhaust kits

4bangerT

I have been welding for years and have owned many Starquests. What I am trying to figure out is how many people would be interested in purchasing a T3 manifold (or any other flange per request). It will be made with weld-els and whatever inside diameter you would like. All the welds will be mig ( I will also warranty my work in case people are worried about cracking ) What I am trying to do is make a very affordable manifold around 250-285$ so that we can expand the aftermarket capabilities of our beloved Conquest/Starions. If I can get some real interest I am very motivated to start producing these. I would appreciate the feed back.

-Thank you,

Kacz

I also am interested in producing hard pipes and 2-1/2" and 3" (maybe even 3-1/2") exhaust kits w/o muffler. They will be turbo back including o2 sensor bung. The systems will end centered in the exhaust port on the back of the car so that you can use any center in/out muffler of your choice.

2-1/2" - 150$+40 s&h W/O muff.

3" - 200$+40$ s&h W/O muff.

2" hard pipes 125$ (mild steel or painted w/o couplers)

I am trying to create some competition in the aftermarket world so that everyone will benefit by having a choice in what parts they want. The hard pipes will be pressure tested to 25 psi and checked for leaks, also I will warranty these products against poor fitment and defects.

prices seem very fair. Altho people will want to see pics of the product that they are buying. Make sume up and it will sell. I dont know about 3 1/2 in exhaust 3in would be the biggest that any one would ever need.

HAHA! (Don't automaticlly think people wouldnt use the 3.5in, or even 4in exhaust. :wink:)

iIl have a 3.5 or 4in on my car very soon.

pending pictures, i would sign up for an exhaust, and hard pipes right now if needed.... :D

I am sure others would be likely to do the same....there is a market, and if others weren't inclined to lower their prices you would probably get most of the buisiness dependant upon work.....

Have you thought about aluminum piping for the hardpipes and stuff?

Good Luck

jason

I will have pictures of the exhaust system by mid week, I will be out of town this weekend but I plan on getting started with some 2-1/2" and 3" early next week. Thank you guys for the support, I will be thinking about it when im building.

They will be mandrel bent, also I am going to take the time to smooth all my welds. The hard pipes are actualy going to be 2" and I was also wondering a couple of other things. Do people want the hard pipes to have beads rolled in them, or no bead? (The set on my car has no beads and I never have issues with couplers coming off, also i think they flow better without beads). Lastly are people more interested in 3" or 2-1/2" exhaust systems?

Thanks, Kacz

prices seem very fair. Altho people will want to see pics of the product that they are buying. Make sume up and it will sell. I dont know about 3 1/2 in exhaust 3in would be the biggest that any one would ever need.

HAHA! (Don't automaticlly think people wouldnt use the 3.5in, or even 4in exhaust. :wink:)

iIl have a 3.5 or 4in on my car very soon.

4 inch oval will be my next exhaust project, ground clearance is no more than 2 1/2 pipe. But it will be necessary to buy a few different degrees or prebent pipe for the section that goes under the rear control arm.

I am going to order some T3 and T4 (split) flanges to see what I can do, although T4 may be to big to make a log style manifold (I feel that it would do a T4 injustice anyways) so I am curently looking into making some T4 manifolds out of mild steel instead of weld-els. If I decide to go this route and make some T4 manifolds with mild steel I will wind up bracing the manifold and seperating the webbing on the head flange for fear of cracking.

When I return from being out of town monday I will be placing an order to produce some alumanized 3" turbo back systems and some 2" hard pipes, I am currently trying to source a place to get the head flanges made for the exhaust manifolds. There has also been some interest in including a flex section in the exhaust sytems at the bottom of the down pipes, I will have no problem doint this but I must receive 30$ extra on 2-1/2" and 35$ on 3". I would also like to include that I have run and built many exhaust systems without the flex pipe and had no problems with cracking as this seems to be a transverse mounted engine problem.

I cant wait to get some pictures to you guys this week and get this ball rolling.

Thanks, Kacz