-------

Midwestturbo

I posted this up on my message board. These are all 6 bolt blocks and cranks right? Do you have any ballpark prices for complete ready to go short blocks like the ones you've listed? My next engine is definatly going to be a 2.1L. Just for giggles.. how much for a built 2.1 with 11,000rpm capable head and T56 kit ;-).

Wide block 4g64 came in the early 90's mighty max and I think d50 but dont quote me on that. What would really be nice is if the real wide block g63b could be imported from japan. I would pay good money for one of those blocks w/or with out rods and pistons. No fabing required. Just rebuild it and drop it in w/ years of aftermarket support!

here is a list of what came in what from Mitsubishi. There are a few errors in here probably, but it should help to answer your question.

http://projectzerog.com/images/mitsubishi_engines.gif

Now its pretty hard to find a 2.4 period, and even harder to get it pulled for you at the junk yard. Otis is doing the hard work (finding and getting the engine pulled). That alone is worth some $$ (and time is money too).

Can we compare the HP/TQ btween the g64b and g63b? What I mean is we know the capability of a 63 and the aftermarket is saturated with parts. But what of the 64b? I know the Eclipse Spider guys are turbo charging the blocks with the modded addition of the 1 and 2g DOHC heads but no one has made any real noise and the after market is still somewhat limit for the 64b.

pure,

You'd probably like that SOHC truck motor. I shed some light on the g63b issue a while back and it mostly went without notice. Interesting info in the last post.

http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewto...light=wideblock

Kane

not the g63b thats a 2.0 sohc truck motor and isnt even close to what we want. i think you are thinking of the 4g63.

No. A g63b is what I'm speaking of. The jdm starion came with a g63b not a 4g63, secondly our block is a truck motor. By the way, the 64 is also a truck motor if you want the wide block that mates to our tranny with no modifcations. Only difference I've been able to find in the wide 63( max/d50) and narrow 63(eclipse) is the narrow comes aquiped with the oil squirters and the wide block does not BUT it has the casting for oil squirters. And with forged pistons you dont need oil squirters. Just ask the guys boosting 20 to 30 ponds on the g64.

ok hold up a few minutes. can someone recap all of this.

i just read thru all of the post that mainstream mentioned to refresh my mind, but all i got was more confused. im almost certain that the g63b is a sohc truck motor. ive got a g63b block and head running 4g64 intake and exhaust in my mitsu mm. mine is a narrow block. the truck came with a a 4g64 wideblock. i know this because my narrow block g63b would not bolt to the trans in the truck as it was all together smaller. i had to take the trans that belonged to the g63b.

in all of these threads i didnt notice anyone mention the stamped ear on the block that has the engine code on it. its right on the deck height of the block right behind where our a/c idler pulley bolts up. it should have stamped in it what the motor is unless its been machined off. sometimes they can be full of gunk and almost impossible to read.

the motor that was thought to be a g63b with chains, what did it turn out to be in the end ?

The truck with chains was an 82 and got crushed before I could get back to it, so it will remain a mystery.

THE FACTS:

The short block I have came from an 88 Automatic.

It is stamped g63b on the side.

It was sohc.

It has the same bore and stroke as the 4G63.

All bolt ons(oil pump, head, etc.) are EXACTLY the same as the narrow block.

It measures 13 1/4" from drivers lower transmission bolt to passenger lower transmission bolt.

No oil squirters but has the castings for them.

Six bolt crank.

WHAT THIS MEANS:

It will bolt up to starion tranny.

All eclipse parts will bolt on.

Starion flywheel will bolt on.

If it doesn't need boring, Eclipse pistons will drop in with no machining(besides honing).

All 4G63 specific parts will fit.

Not being a butt with the caps just wanting to make sure it gets read.

Hope this clears it up a bit.

Kane

I just reread my post and need to clarify a bit:

When I say bolt-ons are exactly the same, I mean the bolt patterns, not the actual bolt-on parts. SOHC and DOHC oil pumps are completely different but are interchangeable.

Kane

you dont need the squirters with forged pistons.

Exactly! To clarify a little , The trucks came with both narrow AND wide blocks- from what I read-depending on the tranny and year. And i believe the engines were switched over in 92' to g64. before that they were powered by the g54. I think 89' was the last year of the 2.0 powered trucks. If any of this info. is wrong,correct me.

• 2 weeks later...