NO HONDA SWAPS

Boosted_One

I know that, but, I've yet to see a Honda engine even make similar figures for both torque and horsepower unlike the longer stroke Mitsu engines or even v8s for that matter.

For a heavy slug like the Quest, torque is your friend...low end torque is even better. Not 300lb/ft tq at 9000rpm in vtec. That'd be a dog.

I know a local guy with an RSX and its quick, 580hp, 315lb/ft of tq. But, thats in a light FWD car. Tq isn't your friend in that case. Switch that to a RWD platform = fail. It'd be better than stock, but, without spending gobs of money, I can't say it'd be worth it. You'd be better off modding the stock engine.

an rsx only weighs 200lbs less than a widebody quest....http://www.rsportsca...ura-rsx-type-s/

I highly doubt thats a huge difference maker.

V8s would make those kind of numbers if they were aimed at revving that high too. Its all in the rpms... of course a v8 or quest motor will make more torque than hp when they have 2v per cylinder, high intake velocity, and only rev to 6 grand....

HP vs torque is an entirely different argument than the one ive been making from the beginning. The Honda motor is lighter and a better design. (I say this as i spend all day researching Mitsubishi parts and tracking down swap parts for my own car).

Am I a fan of honda cars? NO. It would have to be a really nice nsx or s2k for CHEAP for me to own one (and even then i'd still be daily-ing my quest), But i appreciate and understand that they have designed a better motor.

but also: see this, more torque than hp:

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1665962

Edited by Frenchi934

• 1 month later...
Why dos everyone call our cars heavy? They weigh ~3000lbs. That's lighter than the majority of the cars on the road today, and a LOT lighter than most muscle cars. It's only heavy if you're thinking in Honda terms. :P Edited by Blue

• 3 years later...