Gallery upload instructions

ryddler

Some people have been having difficulty uploading pictures to gallery into their personal gallery space, and they've been ending up in the "waiting for approval" section of the front page gallery. If you've uploaded a picture and are wondering where it is, then this is for you!

Hope this helps!

Steps to gallery success (pay particular attention to the section highlighted in red)

click on "create / order my albums"

Below the box that has the up and down arrows there is a smaller box.

Click on that and enter the album name.

Click on Apply Modifications

Continue

Click on my gallery

Upload File

Enter the file you want to upload

Continue

You'll get a message "File successfully uploaded"

Continue

Now you should see a drop down box with the option of putting it in your gallery or the members rides.

Choose your gallery

Click on continue

I have a question. How much space do these personal galleries have? Also, can they only be viewed by this site? I know WTDR.com would only allow pictures to be used on "approved" sites.

OK, so I guess that was 2 questions, sorry. Any help?

I have a question. How much space do these personal galleries have? Also, can they only be viewed by this site? I know WTDR.com would only allow pictures to be used on "approved" sites.

OK, so I guess that was 2 questions, sorry. Any help?

default is 1 meg, and yes, unless bandwidth gets out of control they can be viewed from anywhere.

To help support the site I've set up larger galleries for a small annual fee that includes an email address as well. Check my sig or the home page for more info.

• 1 month later...
    • 2 months later...
    how long does it take to get files ok'd? I uploaded some stuff 2 days ago and still show nothing in the gallery?

Stuff put into your personal gallery requires no approval. Front page pics are the only thing that requires approval, and those are approved whenever I remember to check. Many times I have to delete files that are uploaded because they are larger than 800 x 600 or are obviously pics that were meant to be in a personal gallery (not front page), but the user didn't create a personal gallery folder using the steps above.

• 1 year later...
    • 6 months later...

How do I edit or delete a post?

Unless you are the board admin or forum moderator you can only edit or delete your own posts. You can edit a post (sometimes for only a limited time after it was made) by clicking the edit button for the relevant post. If someone has already replied to the post, you will find a small piece of text output below the post when you return to the topic that lists the number of times you edited it. This will only appear if no one has replied; it also will not appear if moderators or administrators edit the post (they should leave a message saying what they altered and why). Please note that normal users cannot delete a post once someone has replied.

OK , this just doesn't make sense to me and heres why . First , lets say you make a post about something you're selling or wanting to buy something . Now lets say you sell or buy that item , well now you still get pm's or e-mails on those threads for months and months because many people do not even read the full thread and make their reply .I just do not see why I couldn't delete my own thread if I already have filled my need for making and I also see no reason why the forum will need to keep holding on to something which no one is using in anyway what-so-ever .

• 1 month later...
    • 1 year later...

Well I got one picture to upload, but then I get this Fatal error msg if I try any other one

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1600 bytes) in /home/starque/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classImageGd.php on line 203

Also, I was bummed out that I couldn't post any pictures from another website, like photobucket....in the gallery that is.