Report any Site Problems!

ryddler

do we have to resubscribe to the threads to get replies?

my previous links in emails no longer work. is there a way to provide a button so that we can subscribe to all threads? this will really be helpful.

yes, you will need to resubscribe to any that were mailing you from the old site.

In your profile, you can put a check the "yes" radio button for "Always notify me of replies" in order to make that your default selection for all your posts. If won't retrofit itself, but going forward you'll always be notified.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorting members by website gives www links that are broken. the first two pages or so have the real addy prefaced with www.starquestclub.com/forums. this appears to be the result of users entering a website address on a profile without http://

can a code change fix that or will users just have to edit info?

It would be great if they did the change, but I can take a look at the code to see if there's a change I can make.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there some time limit that can be set for when you click on "Posts since your last visit"?

I clicked on a link from my email to a subscribed thead and accidentaly closed the window before I was able to look at new posts since my last visit.

It was like 5 seconds to click another link to get back to SQC. I went to new posts and it said there were none. I hadn't been on for several hours so I know there were new posts

If the time limit could be like 10 minutes or an hour, that would be great.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

ryddler!

I've been watching this for some time now. I'm not always getting notified when there are replies to topics I'm on. After a few days they seem to just stop.

Any ideas? If you need some specifics let me know and I'll try and help.

Thank you :D

• 2 years later...

On the old site I could reply to PMs with no problem.

Now, I get bumped offline when I hit send...usually happens when my webtv gets "confused". If there's more than one link or a broken link I get bumped every time when it doesn't know what (or where) to go. Webtv is an interface box, works only by links.

Very basic, and slow. More and more the net is less webtv friendly. Chat is by IRC...so I cannot chat here...no big deal tho, so no real problem.

Heck, I might be the only webtv member on here...wouldn't surprize me. No big problem if it can't be fixed, I'll have to try just posting new instead of a reply. Might work that way. I can but try.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
If you run across an issue with the new site, put it in this thread please. we'll fix 'em as we can!

That is not a valid ICQ number This is what I get when I try to update my profile. It also says to go to the help area to see why. The help area includes nothing about this at all. So whats up? It also would not let me upload my personal photo? I know change can be difficult but I like the old site much better. It seemed easier. I probably just need to get used to this one. What was the reason for the change?

Thanks have a great day.

• 1 year later...

I have not received any email subscriptions from this site for the last few days. Everything has been working fine for years then all of a sudden no more emails from SQC. I verified my email addy is correct and that my topic subscriptions are still in place, but still no emails. Please help!

Thanks,

Dan

I have not received any email subscriptions from this site for the last few days. Everything has been working fine for years then all of a sudden no more emails from SQC. I verified my email addy is correct and that my topic subscriptions are still in place, but still no emails. Please help!

Thanks,

Dan

Same here. Checked my email settings and I haven't been getting notifications either. ???

Everything appears to be back to normal for me... THANKS for keeping this great site going!!

Dan

Thanks,

Dan

• 2 weeks later...

I can't edit my signature with the new site software, and when I click the little plus button, it says I've reached my quota for votes, which apparently is zero. Is this still in the process of getting worked out?

Same problem here.

Trying to find a way to see if there are updates to threads that I've posted in. There used to be something in the control panel to this effect but can't find anything like I want.

I would like to see this list sorted in order by last thread updated. Even if I search for posts by user and put my name in there, the sorting isn't quite right. I say sort by last update in desc order and it puts a few posts that have not been updated since yesterday before a post that was update today...

Plus I can't use the link in the address bar as a favority from this kind of search. When I try to reopen it, it acts like I hit the submit button on the search page w/o any parameters.

http://www.interludeit.com/personal/sqc_issues.png

Wierd fonts in the FAQ:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28050

"

>â€n/c† means “no connectionâ€

>â€-“  means “stays the sameâ€

>â€From A 8† means “remove from stock 86 connector and relocate to the 88 pin numberâ€"