1G ('90-94) TURBO MAS conversion

Boosted_One

• 2 weeks later...
I just received and installed my 1G MAS & 1G clip. I did it jus as was described in Mike K's 1st post.

My car is an 88 with no upgrades except 2.5" exhaust. I have a stock boost gauge. Before I did the swap my gauge said I was getting up to a steady 10 pounds of boost, but since I did the swap to 1G it says I'm maxing out at 7 pounds.... What's the deal? Anyone got an idea?

I'm pretty sure I hooked it up right (wiring one at a time). And I took the vacuum line from the boost solenoid and hooked it into the 1G lid. And plugged the hose that goes to the stock air can lid (from bottom of accordian hose). What did I do wrong?

Ya either the WG selenoid isn't hooked up right or the 1G MAS has a light conflict with the boost gauge. I wouldn't trust that stock boost gauge anyhow though. THink about a mechanical aftermarket gauge.

Try just running straight 10psi on the WG port.

I'd just romove those low/high boost selenoids anyhow. Just run 10psi WGA pressure.

I've tried hooking up my 1G-Mas that I bought from a fellow on this site a couple times with no luck.  Since my car is an '86 with a four wire harness I don't have a barometric sensor wire going to the computer.  Pin # A-26 is empty.  I wonder if this is why the 1-G won't work on my '86?  I have the diagram on how to hook up the    1-G to an '86 but it doesn't work/ :(.  Other than swaping out a few things to make my car an '88 so I can run this thing, does anyone have a solution?.  I have an '88 computer, & igniter box, so I'm already half way there on the swap, if I want to.

OK, well I have successfully hooked up the wiring to the 1G plug. ;D Moving wires one at a time from the 87 plug, pushing out the clips and putting the in the 1G plastic plug. Now hear is the trick how do you mount the 1G mass air on the Conquest lid ??? Or do I have to find a 1G turbo lid ??? Or do you get the rubber gasket and the metal ring off the 1G lid and mill the plug hole on the Conquest lid to fit the larger plug, using the 1G ring and gasket on it  ??? Any help would be accepted my car is now dead in the water until I get this resolved. It is not my daily driver, but she’s great to drive on sunny days. ;D

You need a 1g lid and the cone shaped K&N filter for the same 1g. The clips from the lid will hold the K&N in place. You may have to plug some vac. lines or make a custom intake pipe or get k

Kelly's hard pipe and you will be all set. Mark

OK but earler in this thread it was stated I could use the stock intake boot which I thought also ment the stock filter housing and filter, with the 1G inside ??? And also beeing very new to this site, who is kelly and how do I get a hold of Him  ???

• 4 weeks later...

I'm doing my 1G MAS conversion (no problems with the wiring), and am looking to get rid of the can. There's 1) a line that comes from the engine block from the bottom, 2) a line from the rear of the valve cover, 3) a line from the bottom front of the bay, and 4) a line that seems to come from the frame of the car itself (?). My question is: what do I do with them? Block, leave open, remove, etc? I think in an earlier post it says that I can just leave line #2 alone (possibly replace with a breather?). Not sure what to do with lines #1, #3, and #4. Any suggestions?

TheMoe

Covington, GA

• 3 years later...