Checking ECU Error Codes

87cquest

Hi.I have an '89 Starion WB 2.6 turbo intercooler and there's no diagn.conector under the glove box.On  the '86 model (I have also one broken) is a blue con. under the box.

Did somebody know error codes and connector for the '89?Sometime the engine rpm is falling down at idle for a few sec even if you step on.It's a bit dangereus when you try to overtake shortly.I can't solve this problem for a long time.Can be the knock sensor?

Need some ideas!!!I am located in Romania(Europe) and have nobody to speak with about this car(5 in my country and 3 are mine).

You will have to drop your glove box lid down to really see the connector.  To drop the box, gently squeeze both side and lower it.  Once it flips down, get upside down in the floorboard, and look up.  It is towards the driver's side.  (assuming the car in left hand drive)

Jimmy

In addition to what Jimmy said.. When I looked for mine, I noticed that the wiring for the connector in question was tied down to the glove box's surrounding frame using little bendable metal fingers(not on the box itself, but rather above it)..

You'll see the frame when you get on your back and look up like Jimmy mentioned, the connector sits on top of this...

- First of all it is EUROPEAN modelSTARION 2.6 ECI TURBO.

-To identify the conector I need the complete wireing for this car,because for sure is not under the glove box(I changed interior two times and dash bord).

-I also need this dyagram to trick the boost limit wich I understood is limit by ECU,and water sensor

But first step I must check the error codes to see the O2 and other imp items.THANKS.

• 3 years later...

i have an 86 i hooked up the led diagnostics light and i got a o2 sensor code...

my sensor was trash...

i replaced it

pulled batt off to reset ecu

and

still it throws the code....

donno what is up..

also my car runs too rich blact smoke comes out and black film too car sounds like a domestic