how about..

Terry_W

An area for StarQuest regional clubs.. in the site menu, or as a forum maybe ?

Topics set up in regions like by states or Southeast, Midwest,ect.

Have all existing clubs listed including contact info, club website urls, membership dues, meet info, number of members, etc. etc.

And

Sort members by region...make it easier for everyone to find other StarQuesters in their area. This would catch the people who don't have a club near them or can't join a club for whatever reason.. Maybe similar to the SQ registry that Ote had going a few years ago..

Cause a big purpose of this site is to get us all organized and promote the car as a whole, right ? What better way than to get people together in person along with here.

And maybe delete members who haven't logged in after a a certain amount of time to keep the members list current of active owners...not have the members list full of people like the kids who buy one, blow it up a week later, and sell it to a scrap yard...Or people who join just long enough to sell a car or parts ..

Just some ideas in my opinion would make this great resource even better.

What do you guys think ?

Terry

Sounds like a solid and rational suggestion to me.

It does say in the news scroller that more club info would be coming shortly.  

Maybe that is part of the expansion project Ryd was referring to.

I have some of things Terry mentioned planned for the site. Like, for instance, I have some code that will plot a dot on a map based on the latitude and longitude for the zip code. I'm thinking of adding a section where people could find a club or other starquesters based on distance from their zip code. Along the same lines it may also become possible to put a zipcode locator for meets to see where they fall on the map, too.

Given time, and user input, I think we'll get things set up here that will really help us pull together.   ;)

May I suggest, a color re-vamp?? The white background is a bit institutionalized in my opinion.

Hmm, what else..... oh yeah how about a new logo at the top to really stand out?? On my site I have toiled over this for a while, but have yet to come up with a good solution to this dilema.

True, I haven't updated my site since last APRIL, I know, I suck, but I will soon, and I think that you all should check out my future mods page, its a cool format that I think should be adopted here, basically to make the site a one stop hit for all starquest fans, which I am pretty sure is your goal Ryddler.

So, after all of that mumbling, I would most like to see a color change, cause it doesn't really grab me.

Thanks

So, after all of that mumbling, I would most like to see a color change, cause it doesn't really grab me.

I'm not alone! I'm not alone! Oh happy day!

[move];D ;D :D :D :) :D ;D :) ;D :) ;D 8)

;D :D  8) ;) :D ;D

;D :) ;) :D ;D 8)

:-* :-* :-* :-*[/move]

May I suggest, a color re-vamp?? The white background is a bit institutionalized in my opinion.

Gabe and Dre are familiar w/ institutionalization??  Did I just make up a word?

No matter, I like the colors but wouldn't care if they changed.  As long as it doesn't go too dark or neon.  

As far as the banner on top I love that!  It seems professional and tastefull.

Just my 2.6 cents

[glow=green,2,300]................................[/glow]

One thing I'm currently looking into is the ability to pick a style from your user profile. We went through many different color schemes in development, but settled on this one because it was easy to read. I had a red title bar in place instead of the blue menu bar, but Gabe didn't like it so we went blue.

If you have ideas on a color scheme you'd like to see, I'll make a template page available for people to play with colors (using style sheets only).

If anyone aspires to be an artist, message me...

I dunno...I am kinda with Mike (SQF) on this one. I kinda like the plain backround and clear. readable fonts and contrast.

But it's not like my eyes would bleed either if the colors were changed. Some colors are really irritating to view all the time, As long as it isn't like blazing red background with pink font colors and all.

Maybe a lightly "ghosted" image would look nice too, as long as it doesn't get too busy.

Mike K

Not Yellow though. Pastel yellow instills aggression.  Or at least I think it was yellow.... Maybe it was blue, no blue makes you think of calm. No it must have been yellow.  Yeah yellow was it.

SQF

I like Institutions!  They smell like catfood.

Yellow, orange and red tend to produce aggressive/impatient/agitated emotions while pink, light blue and beige/cream tend to be calming and relaxing.

The wife is studying to be a psychologist and I often wind up being her study partner. Later, I suppose I'll become a case study for her as well :P

Funny, I've been using that name since I was like 13. A buddy of mine and I were playing a game named "F-15 Strike Eagle" on his Commodor 64 and thought it might be fun to make up some pilot call-signs for ourselves. His last name was "Lovejoy" so he opted to use the name "KillJoy". To keep with the theme I came up with "BuzzKill", which means pretty much the same thing, sorta.

Since then, I've used that name in all sorts of video games and when I got on the Internet, I started using it whenever I could (seems I'm not the only one using it out there - its already taken most places I go now).

So now y'all know where I came up with my alias, as if anyone cares.  :P