two batterys

Anyone have any more info for my previous post?

Previous post:

Title: Battery posion?

Post by Distorted.Clarity on Today at 14:59:38

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if i relocate my battery to my hatch i was told by advanced auto that the batterys give off a posion gas that will either make me sick or kill me.

umm so whats up with that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Re: Battery relocation

Post by penick000 on Today at 15:41:34

well, they are full of shyt.  batteries don't give off a poison gas, but they do give off hydrogen gas which under conditions of overcharge can be released from the battery and are potentially explosive.  A battery is basically lead and sulfuric acid (H2S04).  While neither is good for you, they are sealed pretty well in there.  

If you do this, i would recomend a good top quality battery like Optima or whatever other good ones there are on the market to ensure you don't get a leak and ruin your interior.  Also, w/ the great big long cables (even if you use 2ga) you are going ot have resistance and a little more battery is going to be needed to supply the juice you need way up front.  

pen

Title: Re: Battery posion?

Post by Distorted.Clarity on Today at 15:51:55

well actualy i want the regular battery in the from and just add this one cuz my system in my car sucks out so much power it blew my first alt. so i got a new one now and my battery gage stays on half or less when i have on my system.. lol so wanted more battery power with that.. lets say i do deside to do this umm what would i hook the neg on the battery to?..

I also gutted the back of my car so im not worried about messing up anything.

Post by Redliner777 on Today at 15:55:36

Have you installed a farrad (sp?) yet? If not talk to your local sound shop or even Best Buy. They will be able to help you out on how to insall it, and it would be ALOT easier than installing a second battery.

Post by Distorted.Clarity on Today at 15:59:31

never heard of that before... have to check into it today

put in a 1/2 to 1 farad capacitor in line with your system.  it stores power from the battery then discharges when the amp needs the power, letting the battery itself no be drained by the pull from the amp.  easy to install.  it goes in line on your amp power wire.

Hey,

Im running two batteries in my car. One in the front and one in the back tied together with a battery isolator. ALso for the rear batter im running 4 farad of capacitance.  ALso becuase im pusing like 3000 Watts RMS of amp power =)

Later,

TurboBladz